• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Would anyone complain if they bought back the Weapon System from DW4?

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 month ago#1
Dynasty Warriors 4 is often considered among one of the best warriors games ever made and I'd say it earns that title for a few reasons but one of the features I adored and am still baffled as to why they removed is the Weapon System this game introduced.

In any Dynasty Warriors game getting a good weapon (outside the "Ultimate" weapons) has always been a case of beating random characters and hoping RNG drops you a decent weapons which I've never found to be a very satisfying premise. Whereas Dynasty Warriors 4 basically introduced a levelling system where your weapon would get progressively stronger as you played the game by gaining EXP as you used it gaining more EXP in small increments if you used combo's. This to me at least always felt rewarding and progressive and I personally would adore it if this system returned with the ability to smith weapons to your liking by adding the elements you want onto that weapon.

Is it just me, or would anyone else like this feature return and while I'm making a wish list Dyansty Warriors 5 XL's destiny mode... that was amazing I'm sure I'm not the only one who loved this mode.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code:0061-4706-8830

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 month ago#2
As long as the weapon weight doesn't return. It's fine.

User Info: daosiying

daosiying
1 month ago#3
I would. Hated DW4's weapon system. Would much prefer DW6's. I never liked the linear progression of these things because it leads to a lot of junk inventory quickly.

DW6 on the other hand had every weapon be viable because the main perk was the passive bonus which is more appealing as that ties into your own play style. Plus DW6 weapons visually don't go full-on monster hunter like what's been happening since 7. All weapons are decorative enough to stand out without being as ridiculous as all the late end stuff now.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#4
daosiying posted...
I would. Hated DW4's weapon system. Would much prefer DW6's. I never liked the linear progression of these things because it leads to a lot of junk inventory quickly.

DW6 on the other hand had every weapon be viable because the main perk was the passive bonus which is more appealing as that ties into your own play style. Plus DW6 weapons visually don't go full-on monster hunter like what's been happening since 7. All weapons are decorative enough to stand out without being as ridiculous as all the late end stuff now.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you 80% on the return of the DW6 weapon system and not liking 4's.

My difference is that I'd prefer 3's, since there's only ever one of each weapon by tier (even though you can randomly get a lot of them, you can only keep one) and I enjoyed the randomness of getting Items. But trying to RNG the best effects for a weapon is more than a little tedious, however in 3 the highest tier weapons for each character were pre-set to boost certain stats and have a certain element so that certainly justified not-grinding (because once you're strong enough, why not just get the 4th and/or 5th weapon?).
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: Deraj828

Deraj828
1 month ago#5
I did enjoy the way they did it in 4, but I think that would feel super limiting with a roster as huge as they have nowadays (kinda felt limiting at the time, even.) When you have to work that hard for every dang character, that would just keep me from getting to experience most of them once the grind got to me.

I was about to propose a system where the first one or two characters require a slow build up and satisfying payoff, then it comes easily for the rest. Then I realized that's about what I experienced with DW9. So... I guess I'm happy with the way things are. That's cool.

That being said, I'm on Team Reduce the Roster so if they ever do, I think a return of the DW4 weapon system could be pretty cool.

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
1 month ago#6
no please no
i want to craft my weapons when i have enough materials.

User Info: DsPsofLife

DsPsofLife
1 month ago#7
DW8 had it right with weapon building, plus the skills were unlocked and upgraded like you mentioned the weapon system from DW4(it was just more random, the higher the level of the skill).

The weapons in base DW6 were too random. The weapon progression was too slow, since you needed a great weapon to do the higher difficulties, but they only dropped in the higher difficulties. DW6E introduced the full weapon customization with elements and weapon skills, so it's system, is the only one that rivals DW8.

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
1 month ago#8
4 was a completely s*** tier game. that weapon system was garbage.
You just lost the game.

User Info: meadak

meadak
1 month ago#9
The only thing that DW9 I feel is missing weapons wise is a signature weapon for each character.

Weapons don't feel special anymore, I would have so that each character would have a signature weapon with locked stats and locked to them that no one else could use

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
1 month ago#10
I would. I hate leveling up the weapons by repettively hitting them over & over in a boring long uninterrupted juggle combo. It was arguably the worse aspect of DW4 which thankfully never came back. I prefer the standard style of grinding for a better weapon in a box or the current style of just buying them from a store.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Would anyone complain if they bought back the Weapon System from DW4?
  • Topic Archived