• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Game isn't as bad as I thought but... (Spoilers)

User Info: minus5stars

minus5stars
3 months ago#1
After doing Sun Jian's chapters, I used Daqiao for chapter 3 and noticed they just completely skip Sun Jian's death. After finishing it with Daqiao I go use Sun Shangxiang and have to do the parts that lead to Sun Jian's death AND everything I already did as Daqiao. What the f*** is this tedious s***? Is this common? Is there a guide anywhere that shows the characters you should use to reduce replaying the same s***?

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
3 months ago#2
they don't show sun jian's death because it's not on Da qiao story.
sun jian dead and his story ends on chapter 2, Da qiao story starts on chapter 3, obviously they don't show his death scene.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
3 months ago#3
Yeah, the repetitiveness was by far the worst aspect of the game. No matter how fun a game is, literally forcing us to replay so many same stuff is just tedious, especially when none of the movesets in Warriors games has ever been fun enough to be played for 60 hours nonstop.
(Though the individual stories in the PS2 games somehow got forgiven despite having the same problem)

They kinda fixed this with the latest patch, though. You can change character (basically switching story) in the middle of chapters, so you can avoid the repeats as much as possible.
As soon as a chapter/battle began, i just switch to EVERYONE available in the option, and i basically have advanced everyone's stories. Basically turning it into Kingdom Mode lol. Later on i only need to play their last battle to unlock their endings.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: minus5stars

minus5stars
3 months ago#4
sol_trigger posted...
sun jian dead and his story ends on chapter 2, Da qiao story starts on chapter 3, obviously they don't show his death scene.

Your reasoning makes zero sense. Shangxiang's story starts in chapter 3 and you see Sun Jian's death there.

RPGNoZero posted...
They kinda fixed this with the latest patch, though. You can change character (basically switching story) in the middle of chapters, so you can avoid the repeats as much as possible.
As soon as a chapter/battle began, i just switch to EVERYONE available in the option, and i basically have advanced everyone's stories. Basically turning it into Kingdom Mode lol. Later on i only need to play their last battle to unlock their endings.

Thank you! I'm going to do this and pray it advances everyone's story when the chapter is beat.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#5
Da Qiao joins midway through 3 as she's wife of Sun Ce. She's introduced as Wu return home and expand their territory by conquering Wu. Sun Jian dies on way home from the conquest Vs Dong Zhuo as he tussles with Liao Biao's forces who were sent to acquire the imperial seal from his possession by Yuan Shu.

Chapters are multi battled - Jin chapter 12 has something crazy like 10 different battles so it's not like old games where each battle was a chapter in itself, DW9 covers significantly more material than it's ever done before.

Sun Quan will cover all non-Jian chapters for the Wu story, I'd recommend him instead. No idea why people preach for individual stories, it's a ridiculous and pointless endeavour when you think how many characters are in the book the games based upon.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
3 months ago#6
Also, note that certain battles are exclusive to certain characters, so even with the changing character trick there's still a chance that you'll get to miss some battles.

The biggest example is Fan Castle from Shu's side are only playable in the stories of Guan Yu, his children, and Zhou Cang, while the rest of Shu characters don't. So you need to switch to one of them during Shu's Chapter 9 if you want to experience it.

I don't know the full list of battles like this, though. Fan Castle just happened to be the one i remember the most because it's such a big battle, and yet i missed it in my first Shu playthrough (Liu Bei).
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#7
RPGNoZero posted...
Also, note that certain battles are exclusive to certain characters, so even with the changing character trick there's still a chance that you'll get to miss some battles.

The biggest example is Fan Castle from Shu's side are only playable in the stories of Guan Yu, his children, and Zhou Cang, while the rest of Shu characters don't. So you need to switch to one of them during Shu's Chapter 9 if you want to experience it.

I don't know the full list of battles like this, though. Fan Castle just happened to be the one i remember the most because it's such a big battle, and yet i missed it in my first Shu playthrough (Liu Bei).

*Not Guan Yu, as he gets a cutscene right before Fan Castle that prevents him from getting a glorious final battle.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: Xiahou Mao

Xiahou Mao
3 months ago#8
SiegvonWal posted...
*Not Guan Yu, as he gets a cutscene right before Fan Castle that prevents him from getting a glorious final battle.

Guan Yu still gets to participate, sort of. The Fan Castle battle is divided into two halves, the initial half of attacking Cao Ren, and then a second half of "Wu's betrayed us, we have to flee". Guan Yu gets to fight in the first half against Cao Ren, then his ending comes.
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
3 months ago#9
minus5stars posted...
sol_trigger posted...

Your reasoning makes zero sense. Shangxiang's story starts in chapter 3 and you see Sun Jian's death there.

RPGNoZero posted...

Thank you! I'm going to do this and pray it advances everyone's story when the chapter is beat.

because SSX and da qiao story starts on different time genius

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#10
Wei - Zhang Liao, Yue Jin and Li Dian hold off Wu at Hefei.

Wei/Jin - Man Chong, Xin Xianying and Zhuge Dan defend New Hefei.

Jin - Zhong Hui, Wen Yang and Deng Ai take on Shu at Taoyang.

Those are the only real missable main battles in the game that I can recall. Use the characters I listed to see them otherwise you'll get the "main" story pathing. There's other stuff to miss but it's fluff really using likes of Guan Yu, Cao Cao and Lui Bei where it's minor dialogue sections and missions which are generic filler.

Use my list to see who participates in what chapters but obviously if they join mid chapter or their story ends mid chapter then they wont feature in the entire chapter.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/koeiwarriors/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25371&p=3154383#p3154383
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Game isn't as bad as I thought but... (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived