• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Hunting for Scrolls

User Info: NeoEscaflowne

NeoEscaflowne
3 months ago#1
I'm trying to get the next tier of twin swords for Liu Bei; but I only have one scroll for the Azure Blades. I remember getting one scroll from the coin collector, but I don't have enough of a certain material. There's like four tabs on the screen, and depending on the rarity of the weapon, you have to spend this many points on it to get it.

Now I just got the three scrolls for the Heavenly Swords; but my problem is what are the four tabs, and how do I get more points to spend? The hunting system wasn't explained very well for me to understand.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#2
Hunting, as far as I can tell, works pretty simply: as you hunt higher leveled and quality game, you rack up more points (but you get nothing for hunting animals who are lower level/tier than you've already killed). I don't know the details, but basically if you want more Hunting Points you just have to go big game hunting and shoot up the high level blue tigers and other exotic predators.

You don't "spend" hunting points, you get all the stuff that's at and below your current score.

I suggest fishing at Lake Tai for special coins to trade for the blueprints, as that's a much faster (if less sporting) way to go.

Alternatively, you can stalk panda bears and wait for them to poop out rare coins as well as do side missions that offer the specific type of rare coin you're looking for (to get better swords for Liu Bei).

I'm not sure what you mean by "what are the tabs", but if you're talking about the tabs at the coin collector then they are organized based on what "Rare Coin" you have to spend to get them. I think they're Bubis, Something, Yibiqian, and Something Else. Yibiqians are the coins needed to purchase the high tier weapon blue prints with Bubis being for low quality and the Something (Daobi?) being for mid quality. Something Else is mostly furnitures, but all coins can be collected to get special accessories and gems which are generally more powerful than anything you can get elsewhere.

Although Bubis and Daobis are "lower quality" than Yibiqians, they can be used to get high quality items and gems so don't ignore them.

You can keep track of your four Rare Coin types in the inventory menu, I think around the top left. Or something. I haven't played in a couple months so I forget the UI details lol.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
3 months ago#3
You keep all hunting points you receive, not spend them, just having a certain amount of points just unlocks whatever you are eligible for. You can easily get well over 9000 points in like 3 minutes by fast traveling to where the arena sidequest is and killing a few tigers.

You need to be more specific by tabs, not sure what you are talking about there.
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

NeoEscaflowne
3 months ago#4
CircusMonster posted...
You keep all hunting points you receive, not spend them, just having a certain amount of points just unlocks whatever you are eligible for. You can easily get well over 9000 points in like 3 minutes by fast traveling to where the arena sidequest is and killing a few tigers.

You need to be more specific by tabs, not sure what you are talking about there.

Go to this website: https://www.gameskinny.com/vdrv9/dynasty-warriors-9-tips-tricks-guide. Find the picture that has coin collector on it, should be the fifth picture down in the column. It's in the upper-right hand corner of the screen, under total gold. There are four to five symbols with different numbers on it. The one I'm talking about are the first four icons, not the one with antlers.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#5
NeoEscaflowne posted...
CircusMonster posted...

Go to this website: https://www.gameskinny.com/vdrv9/dynasty-warriors-9-tips-tricks-guide. Find the picture that has coin collector on it, should be the fifth picture down in the column. It's in the upper-right hand corner of the screen, under total gold. There are four to five symbols with different numbers on it. The one I'm talking about are the first four icons, not the one with antlers.

Those are the "Rare Chinese Coins"; Bubis, Daobis, Yibiqians, and a fourth thing that's mainly for furniture. Like I said, they're important for getting blueprints and powerful gems and can be gotten from doing missions/side missions or a quick grind at special fishing locations.
Ya iz russki bot

NeoEscaflowne
3 months ago#6
SiegvonWal posted...
NeoEscaflowne posted...
CircusMonster posted...

Those are the "Rare Chinese Coins"; Bubis, Daobis, Yibiqians, and a fourth thing that's mainly for furniture. Like I said, they're important for getting blueprints and powerful gems and can be gotten from doing missions/side missions or a quick grind at special fishing locations.

Okay, thanks a lot.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Hunting for Scrolls
  • Topic Archived