• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. DLCs are going to be sold individually? How it might cost you...

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#1
Looks that way, and if that trend continues then I'm curious what value the Season Pass will have.

For now, I can safely guess: the costumes will all cost a total of $48 (16 * 3); the weapons will altogether cost 24$ (6 * 4); and the combined total will be $92...

Assuming the DLC scenarios are $5-$10 each, then the combined price of the lot will be either $112 or $132...

Perhaps there will be "bundles" for the weapons, costumes, and DLCs who want them at a "bargain" but otherwise the second SP is looking like it'll have an artificially great value since $35 is way less than 112-132. And that's ASSUMING you want everything on offer.

If you don't, you'll still be mathematically... challenged, let's say, if you decide to buy, say, only the scenarios (assuming they'll cost a total of $40 rather than ~$20) because if you're willing to put down ~$20 for weapons or scenarios then why not $35 for the whole lot? Especially since, I suspect, the combined prices of the weapons and scenarios will exceed the cost of the Season Pass.

To be absolutely clear; I'm not endorsing the pricing scheme nor am I saying the products available will be crap before they're even played (I'm perfectly willing to buy the SP if the scenarios are good since that's my deal or no deal), but I am warning prospective buyers to beware of the prices as it looks like your best bet is to either go all-in with the SP or buy only a costume or weapon (though overpriced, to me at least) .

Assuming I got my math right (see Note below), here's a comparative cost per-item before and after SP (rounded up, assuming scenarios cost $10 each);

Individual Costumes: $3 -> ~$0.75
Individual Weapons: $4-> ~$1
(MAYBE) Individual Scenarios: ~$10 -> ~$2.50

All costumes: $48 -> $12
All weapons $24 -> $6
All scenarios: (MAYBE) $40 -> $10

Grand Total: $132 -> ~$28

Note: $35 is approximately 26% of 132, so I quartered the prices of all the individual items in making these calculations.

Second Note: You can't pay $28 as the SP is $35, so there's a discrepancy that's the result of either my mathematical incompetence--I wasn't exactly an A student in Math lol--or Koei underdelivering on potential DLC for the SP

Overall: Youse gonna get screwed financially unless you either go all-in on the SP or grab only a couple things as the price of the SP is easily met due to how overpriced the DLC are individually. I recommend holding off on buying the SP and waiting until the scenarios come out so you know what you're paying for in advance. Cheers to the brave pioneers who put their money down before cautious folks like myself, as I'm relying on you to vet the quality of the DLC before I go all-in or all-out...
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#2
LOL BIG EDIT:

I got the price of the SP off by $10! And that means the cost of everything is about a third less per item if you buy the SP, rather than a quarter ($45 is about 1/3rd $132).

The basic principle still applies (you're being overcharged greatly without the SP) but the proportionality is different.

It's basically like SP1; Weapons + Scenarios will probably=SP2 in terms of cost, with costumes as a "bonus". Ultimately, whether or not it's better to buy specific items or the SP, depends on whether you want the "full package" or select pieces at a markup (but overall spending less than $45, hopefully).
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: s_dubs

s_dubs
3 months ago#3
The first character pack was literally only 1 dollar less than the SP. You are being completely robbed if you buy them individually.
psn: http://psnprofiles.com/smward87
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1820490/
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. DLCs are going to be sold individually? How it might cost you...
  • Topic Archived