• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Questions regarding full game

User Info: Decoy2man

Decoy2man
4 weeks ago#1
So i got to try the demo, and it gave 3 tickets to try 3 characters to some extent in story

I want to know if in full game

A) If all of the characters in chapter selection are available from getgo like the demo
(Demo allowed me to play chapter 3 for instance, directly)

B) Are Zhurong and Lu Lingqi part of default roster and selectable for story mode?

Thanks
Suki na Mono wa Suki dakara Shouganai!!

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
4 weeks ago#2
1 : you have to unlock characters by playing story mode, just play liu bei and liu shan story then you will have all characters unlocked
2 : zhurong and lingqi have their own story mode

Decoy2man
4 weeks ago#3
Ok great
Thanks

User Info: qwertyMrJINX

qwertyMrJINX
4 weeks ago#4
1. No, but it doesn't take long to unlock all the characters. Simply completing one chapter of a character unlocks every other character in that faction. For the Other faction characters, you have to beat the chapter they debut in (i.e. To unlock Lu Bu, you have to beat Chapter 2).

2. No. The default roster is Cao Cao, Sun Jian, and Liu Bei. But like I said, it won't take long to unlock more.
There ain't nothing to get, you just gotta have that shine

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
4 weeks ago#5
Zhurong is likely to be one of the last characters you unlock due to how you have to play as those Shu scum to unlock her & due to how she doesn't show up until the last quarter of the game.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

Decoy2man
4 weeks ago#6
Any idea about ticket system in demo? It gave me 3 free tickets but it stopped at certain time in story
PSN store page from Trial version takes me to different page which has Character unlocks for 3$
Like say 3$ for Lu Lingqi ticket
So would that enable me to play whole Lu Lingqi scenario or just to certain point?
Because 3$ is lot if its not her full scenario unlock

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
4 weeks ago#7
Decoy2man posted...
Any idea about ticket system in demo? It gave me 3 free tickets but it stopped at certain time in story
PSN store page from Trial version takes me to different page which has Character unlocks for 3$
So would that enable me to play whole Lu Lingqi scenario or just to certain point?

Should be her full story yeah

Decoy2man
4 weeks ago#8
Skode24 posted...
Decoy2man posted...

Did some digging

2.Enjoy the game even further with "Officer Tickets"!
By purchasing and using "Officer Tickets," you can play the corresponding officers' story modes in their entirety. In addition, you can enjoy playing the online and split screen co-op modes, as well as free mode.

Decoy2man
4 weeks ago#9
Decoy2man posted...
Skode24 posted...
Decoy2man posted...

Did some digging

2.Enjoy the game even further with "Officer Tickets"!
By purchasing and using "Officer Tickets," you can play the corresponding officers' story modes in their entirety. In addition, you can enjoy playing the online and split screen co-op modes, as well as free mode.

So got linqing and can confirm tickets give you full access to story but wat confuses me are the rates of characters
Ranges from 2 to 4$ , and for all characters it exceeds 90$ easily so why they cost so high when in base game you can get all for 60$?

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
4 weeks ago#10
Decoy2man posted...

So got linqing and can confirm tickets give you full access to story but wat confuses me are the rates of characters
Ranges from 2 to 4$ , and for all characters it exceeds 90$ easily so why they cost so high when in base game you can get all for 60$?

To get you to buy the full game, duh! :-P

If you really like it, then I suggest just buying the game since the more characters you buy, the more you will be ripped off (as you've calculated).

From what I can tell, the varying prices of the characters is based on how long (or short) their stories are. Characters with long stories (like Cao Cao) are $4 while shorter ones (like Sun Jian) are $2.

However, if you only care to play as a handful of characters and then plan on moving on to another game (never coming back to DW9), then it makes sense economically to just buy a handful of characters so that you'll be spending $5-$10 rather than the full $60 (or way less if you can get it on sale somewhere, or buy it digitally during the Christmas/Holiday month sale).
Ya iz russki bot
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Questions regarding full game
  • Topic Archived