• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Question about Cao Ren

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
3 months ago#11
oh good, i was worried that guan yu was the first human being to make alien contact. good thing we cleared that up.
You just lost the game.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 months ago#12
Skode24 posted...
Xiahou Yuan went down like a boss with an arrow to the face... We need more of that and ideally better approaches to non combat deaths than sitting down and then suddenly head down, arms straight = tragic death X 12 haha.

You're on a roll lately.

I agree with all of that. Xiahou Yuan's death was very romantic in DW7. It was done very gracefully and made him look like a champ through and through.

In 9, however, he just got beat. It was gut wrenching. Very human. He just failed to win and it cost him his life because this crap is serious. That kind of gravitas is fading away from these games, I feel, with it being non-existent at this point in the WO series since the last two games (outside of the very intimidating opening to WO3).

This crap ain't fun. Little girls wandering into battles for fun and playing around or Cha Cha surprising people by running out in the middle of battles causing generals to start talking like soccer moms is the opposite of what these games need. Two warriors facing off with one clearly getting the better of the other in combat with lives on the line is what these games need.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#13
Dark Symphony posted...
Skode24 posted...
Xiahou Yuan went down like a boss with an arrow to the face... We need more of that and ideally better approaches to non combat deaths than sitting down and then suddenly head down, arms straight = tragic death X 12 haha.

You're on a roll lately.

I agree with all of that. Xiahou Yuan's death was very romantic in DW7. It was done very gracefully and made him look like a champ through and through.

Giving DW9 some props; when I played a bit of this last night (since I had an itch) as Xingcai, I actually had a fun challenge fighting Wang Yi since she was not only buffed but made use of the new counter system. Xiahou Yuan was especially tough, and KO'd me lol. I know he'd be a lot easier if I did the side missions first, but I like a Decent Challenge and so I won the second time after spamming a lot of health potions and steroids and keeping Guo Huai from back-stabbing me.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#14
Skode24 posted...
One thing though is Wei didn't cover the deaths all that well. Wu did this amazingly not locking the more ominious endings behind well endings. If so and so passed away it was reported (because that's how it would have been done). Sure you've no record of when likes of Li Dian passed but there should be some dialogue covering it seen by all players not just ones who finish his story mode to see why he just vanished like a fart in the wind one chapter to the next.

Li Dian is in a weird place; he actually died when he was 36 and he's a lot younger than the novel and the games make him out to be (often thought to be conflated with his father and uncle-- see also why he hated Zhang Liao). I think his first notable battle experience was along Xiahou Dun at Bowang Pass.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Question about Cao Ren
  • Topic Archived