• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Question about Cao Ren

User Info: WeiJin

WeiJin
1 month ago#1
Hi all,

i've a question about death of Cao Ren (223) after battle of Ruxu. The true reason of his death historically i mean, what is the cause of his death ? Natural cause or he died of shame shortly after battle of Ruxu because he was defeated by Zhu Huan (lost troops, Wang Shuang and Cheng Jiao) ? Thanks !

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
1 month ago#2
His cause of death has never been noted, only the date for some reason. Thus, its unknown.
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

WeiJin
1 month ago#3
Okay but in that case why some people say defeat at Ruxu was considered potentially as a cause in the death of Cao Ren ? (supposedly died of shame shortly after in the same year). I think It's wrong, we don't have any information about that, and of his real cause of death.

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
1 month ago#4
It is generally assumed that he died of natural causes, But unlike Cao Cao, I doubt any detailed record of how his health in the time before his death were even kept, let alone survived.

Guanzhong had a tendacies to attribute death to emotional reasons. But in reality, we’re talking 3rd Century here, medicines and the medical profession wasn’t “that far along”

User Info: SuperDWFan

SuperDWFan
1 month ago#5
Cao Ren might've died of illness since there was a plague going through the Wei ranks at Ruxu. He was also remarkably passive during that battle, very unlike his other battles in which he fought alongside his troops and even put himself in danger to save them.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like.

ComingEvil
1 month ago#6
SuperDWFan posted...
Cao Ren might've died of illness since there was a plague going through the Wei ranks at Ruxu. He was also remarkably passive during that battle, very unlike his other battles in which he fought alongside his troops and even put himself in danger to save them.

Completely correct

WeiJin
1 month ago#7
Okay thanks for your accurate answers. So it's just fictional. But I was also surprised by passive attitude of Cao Ren during that battle while he won in first time. It's inusual from him :(

@CoomingEvil yeah and i don't like that and generally how Guanzhong describes supposedly and deaths offciers of Wei and only officers of Wei (just for that and, even if it's dramatized, like the greatest Zhang Liao for example, killed by a coward of Wu just for give meaning to the characters of Wu ? And this is included in story of Wu in game, lmao)

User Info: Xiahou Mao

Xiahou Mao
1 month ago#8
It's a novel. Plenty of characters got extra death scenes in the novel that didn't happen historically, sometimes lengthening their lives (Taishi Ci) and other times shortening them (Zhu Ran). Huang Zhong, Xu Huang and Gan Ning get deaths in battle that they didn't historically have. It's not something for just a single kingdom.
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!

ComingEvil
1 month ago#9
WeiJin posted...
Okay thanks for your accurate answers. So it's just fictional. But I was also surprised by passive attitude of Cao Ren during that battle while he won in first time. It's inusual from him :(

@CoomingEvil yeah and i don't like that and generally how Guanzhong describes supposedly and deaths offciers of Wei and only officers of Wei (just for that and, even if it's dramatized, like the greatest Zhang Liao for example, killed by a coward of Wu just for give meaning to the characters of Wu ? And this is included in story of Wu in game, lmao)

Correct, Zhang Liao did not die from getting shot in his left nu. . .er, loin like the book said.

It’s been said that the book 7parts truth and 3 parts fiction, i’d you’re a fan of Shu that this

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
1 month ago#10
ComingEvil posted...
WeiJin posted...

Correct, Zhang Liao did not die from getting shot in his left nu. . .er, loin like the book said.

It’s been said that the book 7parts truth and 3 parts fiction, i’d you’re a fan of Shu that this

You mean Lu Meng didn't die because of Guan Yu possessing him in a vengeful wrath and instead died of illness like the game presented? Lol. God I hated how Han/Shu biased the novels were but they are what they are, still brilliant reads. Still it's kinda sad we don't see the more combat orientated deaths from the novels covered in the games - maybe not an arrow to groin or having to animate Huang Zhong taking an arrow to the arm pit but on screen front and center deaths hit harder emotionally - Xiahou Yuan went down like a boss with an arrow to the face... We need more of that and ideally better approaches to non combat deaths than sitting down and then suddenly head down, arms straight = tragic death X 12 haha.

One thing though is Wei didn't cover the deaths all that well. Wu did this amazingly not locking the more ominious endings behind well endings. If so and so passed away it was reported (because that's how it would have been done). Sure you've no record of when likes of Li Dian passed but there should be some dialogue covering it seen by all players not just ones who finish his story mode to see why he just vanished like a fart in the wind one chapter to the next.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Question about Cao Ren
  • Topic Archived