• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Favorite Kingdom/Faction Poll! (Based on the games/RoTK novel)

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#1
Of all the Three Kingdoms (plus the Jin Usurper) and side factions, based on the games, which is your favorite (for any reason)? - Results (88 votes)
Wei
23.86% (21 votes)
Wu
28.41% (25 votes)
Shu
31.82% (28 votes)
Jin
9.09% (8 votes)
Dong Zhuo (includes Dong Bai)
2.27% (2 votes)
Yuan Shao
0% (0 votes)
Yuan Shu
1.14% (1 vote)
Meng Huo/Nanman
1.14% (1 vote)
Ma Teng/Xi Liang
1.14% (1 vote)
Zhang Jiao/Yellow Turbans
1.14% (1 vote)
This poll is now closed.
I made this based on "for any reason" because my answer differs depending on whether we're talking "In Real Life", "to play as/with", and/or in terms of ideals/effects. For all intents and purposes, this poll is meant to be based more on the games and secondarily the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel rather than the real world versions of them.

I like Liu Bei the best because in-game he's a good guy who wants to create a just and Confucian-based world, and while I know little of Confucianism, I do like Liu Bei's apparent ideals and aims. Therefore, he's my favorite leader (based on the fictional/dramatized version of him).

My favorite kingdom, however, is Wu because I've always liked the balance video-game-Wu had between virtue and pragmatism as well as the relatively cool-headedness and evenness of My Boy Sun Quan. I would hate to serve this guy IRL because he kinda lost it as an old man, but he was cool while he was young IRL though I probably would have defected to Jin or Shu at some point.

Wei used to be my favorite but considering they got toppled by Jin and dethroned the Han (something that may have set the awful precedent for the next few centuries of imprisoning and murdering ex-Emperors and lowering the bar for honor and morality), I can't say they're my favorite even though I love Cao Cao and probably would have served him IRL if given the choice.

The minor factions were always fun alternatives but only Yuan Shao is one I'd take seriously as an alternative, but we all know how his clan ended. Maybe if Yuan Shao won Guan Du his sons wouldn't have civil-warred with each other, or maybe Yuan Tan would have sherrifed up the place and set it to right or something I don't know. However, given Wei's failure, I'd be tempted to back Yuan Shao as a What-if.

Overall, to give a list of my favorite kingdoms based on the game:

1: Wu
2: Shu
3: Wei

4: Yuan Shao
5: Dong Zhuo
6: Yuan Shu
7: Meng Huo
8: Ma Teng
9: Zhang Jiao
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: xXIsaIsaXx

xXIsaIsaXx
1 month ago#2
Wei/Jin is my favorite. I prefer the more ruthless approach that they go about things. For the poll, I voted Wei, since my favorite character sits in their ranks.
Consider them the same as far as the game goes. I don't even remember if we see the actual birth of the Jin dynasty in the games?
AKA Bouxkan everywhere else on the 'net.
People who call characters "waifu" and "husando" are creeps.

User Info: Lord_plague

Lord_plague
1 month ago#3
Wu
Wei

And no one else. Possibly Meng huo

Shu are annoying
Nemo immortalis est

User Info: Xiahou Mao

Xiahou Mao
1 month ago#4
xXIsaIsaXx posted...
Consider them the same as far as the game goes. I don't even remember if we see the actual birth of the Jin dynasty in the games?

The game does end before Sima Yan enthrones himself as the first Jin Emperor, but to say that means Jin isn't represented in-game isn't really accurate.

If you're going to try to argue that, then you've got to likewise accept that characters like Cao Cao, Dian Wei, Xun Yu, Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan and Pang De wouldn't count as Wei characters. All of them died before the official founding of the Wei Dynasty, so you'd thus have to count them as Han officers instead...
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!

User Info: selfpityingbuff

selfpityingbuff
1 month ago#5
I voted Wu, although I would probably have voted Wei if I was going purely on the story and/or history, just because Cao Cao is such a great and interesting character.

But Zhou Tai has always been my favourite character to actually play as, and Ding Feng is also one of my favourites. I quite like the story of the Sun family, and the pathos of Sun Quan's struggle to live up to his father and brother's ambition. Most importantly, though, they're red, and red is cool!

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#6
selfpityingbuff posted...
Most importantly, though, they're red, and red is cool!

Yep, pretty much why I loved Wu as a kid lol!
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: TongYoon

TongYoon
1 month ago#7
Most of my favorite characters are on Wu, so WU.

Second would be Meng Huo, because most of the Nanman stages always been some of my favorites, and i like Meng Huo and Zhurong as characters .

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
1 month ago#8
Wu is a piece of sheet, a bunch of traitors backstab

User Info: SuperDWFan

SuperDWFan
1 month ago#9
Shu, because I’m a man of culture.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like.

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#10
SuperDWFan posted...
Shu, because I’m a man of culture.

Lol that meme!

Yeah, they're a close second because I love Liu Bei (even though I was indifferent as a kid) and Shu's the underdog of the era. Always more fun to fight for the underdog.
Ya iz russki bot
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Favorite Kingdom/Faction Poll! (Based on the games/RoTK novel)
  • Topic Archived