• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Would y'all say the season pass is worth it?

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#11
Raiden243 posted...

DW9 itself is $40 CDN right now, but a full price game is normally $80.

I've had the game since launch but took a long break from the game to clear some of the backlog but came back like a week ago.

I see. Thanks for clarifying since I figured the pricing of DLCs would be proportionally matched with currency values and selling standards and all that cross-country stuff.

I can't talk much about SP2 until the scenarios are out (as I think that'll be the biggest/main deciding factor) but I've already said what I think about the first season pass (and I was referring in American dollars when I put numeric value on it, so I guess increase what I said by 25% lol). I suggest holding off until you're sure you want it as you should probably buy it once you plan on dedicating time to playing the DLC characters as I barely touched it even though I was an early buyer of the season pass.

Of course, and obviously, it's up to you and I think if you're interested in the weapons and characters you'll probably enjoy it since the DLC scenarios are very different from their base-game counter parts and expand Free Mode potential (especially Dong Bai and Yuan Shu since they expand the Dong Clan's story and add Yuan Shu's faction as a playable story in Free Mode).
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: Locklan

Locklan
1 month ago#12
No....mostly because the pass is an eclectic mix that for the most part is not going to appeal to everyone. The characters were clones, furniture is pretty niche, the weapon sets weren’t true replacements. Ugh.

Second one is even worse unless those scenarios are really good.
"None are so fallible as those who are sure they're right"
(message deleted)

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
1 month ago#14
only Dong bai and yuan shu story was enjoyable for me, the rest are meh, especially xiahou ji this character story gave me a creep.

for weapons, only the double piercing weapon stick is cool, rope blade is a pile of garbage when you are not playing xu shu, claw is good and fast but it's not really my taste so i hardly used it.

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 month ago#15
I think I'll grab the first season pass if I invest a lot of time into this game again, so far I've only cleared 2 character stories and playing through Li Dian right now.

I got Nioh Complete Edition instead, so might just wait until a sale for season pass or even DW9XL of they decide to make one.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
1 month ago#16
Raiden243 posted...
I think I'll grab the first season pass if I invest a lot of time into this game again, so far I've only cleared 2 character stories and playing through Li Dian right now.

I got Nioh Complete Edition instead, so might just wait until a sale for season pass or even DW9XL of they decide to make one.

If youve only done 2 theres no rush, youve likely still dozens of chapters still to see for the first time (Others playables have several different chapters to experience as well) not to mention majority of on disc weapons yet to try.

User Info: haseeby4

haseeby4
1 month ago#17
I have put at least 90 hours into the game, but 0 of that has been using DLC content, so i would say no :C.
PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
1 month ago#18
just bought Seasom Pass 2 as well, i didn’t “need” must of the stuff in there, but holy sh** does it have a ton of stuff in it!

i’ts only $40, so it’s definitely worth it!

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#19
ComingEvil posted...
i’ts only $40

I wouldn't put 2/3 of the full game price as "only".
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
1 month ago#20
RPGNoZero posted...
ComingEvil posted...
i’ts only $40

I wouldn't put 2/3 of the full game price as "only".

either way, $40 is only $49, and it’s well worth it
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Would y'all say the season pass is worth it?
  • Topic Archived