• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Would y'all say the season pass is worth it?

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
3 months ago#1
Lmao so I just want the weapons and DLC characters, would the season pass be worth it?

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#2
Only if you REALLY want the DLC characters, otherwise I'd say NO.

While I did enjoy playing as Xiahou Ji, I could have done without her. I haven't even touched the other three, except Yuan Shu briefly. I think Yuan Shu and Dong Bai could justify the character DLC since they add/expand upon existing factions for Free Mode but otherwise it's very over-priced.

If you like the weapons (emei piercers, claws, and sword-and-hook) then sure, you might as well buy the SP since it equals out to about what I'd personally price the DLCs ($5 for the Hideaway stuff, 5$ for the weapons, and $10-20 for the characters... maybe) and you might as well get the package since I think you'd be ripped-off otherwise (again, unless you actually want the weapons and characters in which case...)

...I recommend it, IF you want the weapons and characters for sure. If you're more iffy about it, then I don't recommend it.

I bought it back when the game came out and almost regret it, as I have made use of very little of the DLC contents in my 150 hours of playing the game. But your mileage will vary, depending on your mood and preferences.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: Khewy

Khewy
3 months ago#3
For the first season pass its worth it even the hideaways dlc adds some furniture that is worth like you can change the weather, you can get resources from it. Now for the 2nd season pass it is not worth it for the price.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#4
SP1 - yes completely worth it as it's got good content and a decent price. As others have said even the hideout pack was decent for the ordeals it added and not all the hideout content is cosmetic.

SP2 - nope, maybe scenarios will change this but really it's too pricey for what you get.

User Info: qwertyMrJINX

qwertyMrJINX
3 months ago#5
The first one, yes. It's a good chunk of content, a lot of fun to play with, and it's way cheaper than buying the DLCs separately.

The second one I have some reservations about. I guess we'll have to see when the DLCs come out, but $45 is asking a lot for downloadable content.
There ain't nothing to get, you just gotta have that shine

Raiden243
3 months ago#6
$45 for season pass 2? In Canada it's $60

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
3 months ago#7
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#8
Raiden243 posted...

What's the price of the base game in Canada? As far as I know, prices vary based on regions/currencies...

But in America: the game is $60 and the second SP is $45, which is three-quarters the price. I'm guessing the base game in Canada is $80.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
3 months ago#9
Not even remotely.

Raiden243
3 months ago#10
SiegvonWal posted...
Raiden243 posted...

What's the price of the base game in Canada? As far as I know, prices vary based on regions/currencies...

But in America: the game is $60 and the second SP is $45, which is three-quarters the price. I'm guessing the base game in Canada is $80.

DW9 itself is $40 CDN right now, but a full price game is normally $80.

I've had the game since launch but took a long break from the game to clear some of the backlog but came back like a week ago.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Would y'all say the season pass is worth it?
  • Topic Archived