• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Update 1.19 is out

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
1 month ago#41
yes, GEM PRESETS would be nice, everytimes i change weapon i have to reinstall every gems, it's annoying.

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
1 month ago#42
How do you do the new reactive attack? When i hold block and to the reactive attack it's just the generic counter oneā€¦

Edit: i figured it out, they have to actually be close and pretty much hit you while you are guarding.

it's a unique animation but the payoff is very low for such strict timing.

But hey, unique animations are Always a positive.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
1 month ago#43
Skode24 posted...
To be fair DS has been loudly asking for this for months now and here it is! Now if i can just transfer my gem loadouts whenever i change my character...

Indeed! And as a hopefully fair person I need to keep my word and change my position on this game. It's still flawed and the stage progression has a lot of room for improvement but I wouldn't call it "bad" anymore and I can actually enjoy playing it without using workarounds.

User Info: BhevHD

BhevHD
1 month ago#44
Only problem with the officer switching is that your character is level one, even if your at, say, chapter 10 and up. It's annoying fighting enemies 60+ levels above you.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
1 month ago#45
BhevHD posted...
Only problem with the officer switching is that your character is level one, even if your at, say, chapter 10 and up. It's annoying fighting enemies 60+ levels above you.

Fight in the Arena for a quick note easy level grind as it's based off your level not the chapters level.

User Info: Xiahou Mao

Xiahou Mao
1 month ago#46
BhevHD posted...

You can get a little start by beginning the story mode for the character you want to switch to, then going and switching to them from the chapter you want to play at. They likely won't be caught up entirely to the level they're expected to be at, but it'll be better than being at level 1.
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#47
I never really have problem from being underleveled. If anything, that's by far the most challenging segment of the game. When i catch up to their level, it become easy as hell to cheese them, even on Ultimate. Which is why i reset my characters a lot.

I only need to adjust the difficulty according to the level difference.

Also, leveling up is extremely fast in this game anyway.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#48
RPGNoZero posted...
I never really have problem from being underleveled. If anything, that's by far the most challenging segment of the game. When i catch up to their level, it become easy as hell to cheese them, even on Ultimate. Which is why i reset my characters a lot.

I only need to adjust the difficulty according to the level difference.

Also, leveling up is extremely fast in this game anyway.

Actually, since XP gains are tripled in Ultimate, I'd recommend playing Normal if you reset your characters since the XP gains are only 75% of the default (note that no difficulty has "100%" XP gain, hard has 150% and I think Chaos has 200%. Ultimate is 300% and I think everything below Normal is 50%) so your character ought to level more slowly (as it's pretty easy to speed level up to the suggested level if you're underleveled on Ultimate) and therefore you ought to have more of a sustained challenge.

The problem then becomes the fact you max health and musou every time you level up, which is pretty frequent when super underleveled (at least on Ultimate).
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: DragonLord150

DragonLord150
1 month ago#49
Skode24 posted...
DragonLord150 posted...
Also the CHANGE OFFICER does not count DLC characters! I went through all of Shu from start to finish and Zhang Fei;s wife was never playable! I played him up until his Wife entered and.....NOPE! She was helping her children so after he died.....NOPE!

IMO, CHANGE OFFICER is done poorly. Some officers have a super small part so you play as them once and....never again. What I think they should update in is IF YOU HAVE BEATEN SOMEONE'S STORY they are added to change officer if not available. I was kind of mad when "I CAN FINALLY PLAY AS PEOPLE I WANT AND BEAT EVERYONE'S STORY!...Oh so basically I can play as who you say I can play as."

Free mode is a thing, it always has been.

Free Mode is one chapter, if even, and done which sucks. I wish there was a single chapter or full story options. =/ What I meant above is using another character from a different or same faction you already got the ending to complete another's story. It is already bad the DLC cast are only ever playable in their scenario and free play. =( Also from doing most chapters if they are not even MAIN ARMY they are not even counted in change officer. DX I just wish again for those who you have beaten their story are added to the change officer pool so you can play as them and continue to beat stories.
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Update 1.19 is out
  • Topic Archived