• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Update 1.19 is out

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
3 months ago#31
Now i hope the next updates will make allies useful. Make them as useful as in PS2 games and Empires.

One of the most common reward for completing side missions is making allies advancing to the final mission, but as of now they're pretty much just there, standing pointlessly, so it feels like there's no difference whether you finish side missions or not beside the level.

If they could actually help us in defeating enemies, taking bases, and finishing missions, now that's gonna be wonderful.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#32
RPGNoZero posted...
Now i hope the next updates will make allies useful. Make them as useful as in PS2 games and Empires.

One of the most common reward for completing side missions is making allies advancing to the final mission, but as of now they're pretty much just there, standing pointlessly, so it feels like there's no difference whether you finish side missions or not beside the level.

If they could actually help us in defeating enemies, taking bases, and finishing missions, now that's gonna be wonderful.

I've found them plenty useful as meat shields and distractions for bosses (especially groups of bosses), to give them some credit. Although it's not often I have to, I do occasionally pull back to where my allies are if I'm struggling with the enemy commander (or a group of unique officers) since the enemy typically gets distracted and therefore vulnerable. Occasionally I've even been saved by allies, like one time when I was too cocky in the woods chasing after Cao Cao. Amusingly though, Zhao Yun bailed after rescuing me from Xu Chu lol...
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
3 months ago#33
Dark Symphony posted...
But can I switch from Shi to Zhao on Zhao's last chapter and get Zhao's ending? Or do I have to switch from Shi to Zhao before the last chapter and then complete the penultimate chapter to unlock the last chapter and then beat the last chapter to get the ending?

here is how you do it :

select sima shi last story chapter (chapter 12), when you are in the chapter, switch to Zhao, complete the chapter then you will have zhao chapter 12 unlocked. Now go to story mode select zhao chapter 12 then complete it to proceed to chapter 13. Completing chapter 13 to finish Zhao's story.

This works for every factions, like you can play wang yi story chapter 10 then switch to cao pi and complete the chapter, cao pi will have chapter 10 unlocked and if you go to story mode > select cao pi chapter 10 then finish it you will get reward (book of musou).

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
3 months ago#34
^ so then you have to play the chapter twice?

User Info: xXIsaIsaXx

xXIsaIsaXx
3 months ago#35
@Dark_Symphony If you want Zhao's ending without playing through the two prior chapters, you'll need to switch to him from someone in Chapter 13. Wen Yang, Wang Yuanji,and Zhong Hui are a few that are Chapter 13 ends.There's more, but yeah.
As an example,I already finished Cao Pi's story and then loaded his final chapter (10) back up as him and switched to Zhenji who also ends in Chapter 10 and got her ending.
Didn't have to play it twice as her or anything.
AKA Bouxkan everywhere else on the 'net.
People who call characters "waifu" and "husando" are creeps.

User Info: DragonLord150

DragonLord150
3 months ago#36
Also the CHANGE OFFICER does not count DLC characters! I went through all of Shu from start to finish and Zhang Fei;s wife was never playable! I played him up until his Wife entered and.....NOPE! She was helping her children so after he died.....NOPE!

IMO, CHANGE OFFICER is done poorly. Some officers have a super small part so you play as them once and....never again. What I think they should update in is IF YOU HAVE BEATEN SOMEONE'S STORY they are added to change officer if not available. I was kind of mad when "I CAN FINALLY PLAY AS PEOPLE I WANT AND BEAT EVERYONE'S STORY!...Oh so basically I can play as who you say I can play as."
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#37
DragonLord150 posted...
Also the CHANGE OFFICER does not count DLC characters! I went through all of Shu from start to finish and Zhang Fei;s wife was never playable! I played him up until his Wife entered and.....NOPE! She was helping her children so after he died.....NOPE!

IMO, CHANGE OFFICER is done poorly. Some officers have a super small part so you play as them once and....never again. What I think they should update in is IF YOU HAVE BEATEN SOMEONE'S STORY they are added to change officer if not available. I was kind of mad when "I CAN FINALLY PLAY AS PEOPLE I WANT AND BEAT EVERYONE'S STORY!...Oh so basically I can play as who you say I can play as."

Free mode is a thing, it always has been.

User Info: meadak

meadak
3 months ago#38
I have noticed something else, the emotions are locked to R1.

I remapped my trigger button to L2 and it displays the emotions menu but when you do the action nothing happens, when I do R1 (which is my block) and the action it does it.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 months ago#39
xXIsaIsaXx posted...
@Dark_Symphony If you want Zhao's ending without playing through the two prior chapters, you'll need to switch to him from someone in Chapter 13. Wen Yang, Wang Yuanji,and Zhong Hui are a few that are Chapter 13 ends.There's more, but yeah.
As an example,I already finished Cao Pi's story and then loaded his final chapter (10) back up as him and switched to Zhenji who also ends in Chapter 10 and got her ending.
Didn't have to play it twice as her or anything.

Freshness!

Seriously, this dramatically rehabs the game. The repetition was a major killer and it was tragic since I remembet having some really good travels in that game like the Shu chapter journey to the riverlands. Now unlocking a chapter means unlocking it technically for everyone. A lot of people on this board have been seeing me ask for this for months and many think I just want to hate this game.

Untrue. I am now itching to play it as now my progress carries actual weight and I don't have to repeat a bunch of chapters to get a single ending.

I was legit having a bunch of fun playing same room CPU co op this weekend getting endings using a 100% save I downloaded to unlock all chapters. Now I no longer need that and can jump back on the PS4 pro and play using my own collected spoils.

This change makes DW9 good. Not great but good. It's finally actually placed to be playable and digestible.

Yes they're a day late and a dollar short and they still need to add outfits and let people wear informal clothes whenever they want but DW9 is actually a functional package now.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#40
To be fair DS has been loudly asking for this for months now and here it is! Now if i can just transfer my gem loadouts whenever i change my character...
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Update 1.19 is out
  • Topic Archived