• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Update 1.19 is out

User Info: PontiffXavi

PontiffXavi
1 month ago#11
redroses_4life posted...
I wish they would fix the load times for getting into an online game. EVERY host I've tried to join just leaves as I'm loading into it.

Same. Still wanted to know what that "matching bonus" is, but might have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
1 month ago#12
So now you can, from what I'm reading, get endings by going into a chapter amd switching characters to someone whose ending is on that chapter.

A feature I've been asking for since day one. And now they've done it. I actually don't have to use a fully unlocked save to make the game playable anymore if this actually works for unlocking endings by going straight to a character's last chapter if you've already done the chapter once. That fixes the most glaring issue with this game.

Costume select at character select is nice but also an indirect slap in the face since most characters have no alt costumes.

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
1 month ago#13
PontiffXavi posted...
Added an Emotions feature.

Is this just random emojis and crap for online play or did they actually add gestures to the game??
rabbit

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
1 month ago#14
Wait, is it instant player swapping on the fly or going through a menu, reloading and then swapping?

But does means that for example, i haven't even touched Liu Bei yet, but i have finished every chapter in the game with another Shu character i can use them to immediatly play Liu Bei final chapter and finish his story immediatly?

Am i getting this right? This actually might make me come back and finish all the stories… Which was way too daunting so i quit the game...

Someone pls confirm!

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
1 month ago#15
so we still can't play as lubu in liu bei story ? that's lame...

User Info: redroses_4life

redroses_4life
1 month ago#16
BurningFlareX posted...
PontiffXavi posted...
Added an Emotions feature.

Is this just random emojis and crap for online play or did they actually add gestures to the game??

It's gestures.

There's facepalm, fist pump, "give order" and I forgot the other one.
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#17
sol_trigger posted...
so we still can't play as lubu in liu bei story ? that's lame...

That kind of feature is for Free Mode and player 2.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
1 month ago#18
WhiteZeus posted...
Wait, is it instant player swapping on the fly or going through a menu, reloading and then swapping?

But does means that for example, i haven't even touched Liu Bei yet, but i have finished every chapter in the game with another Shu character i can use them to immediatly play Liu Bei final chapter and finish his story immediatly?

Am i getting this right? This actually might make me come back and finish all the stories… Which was way too daunting so i quit the game...

Someone pls confirm!

I'd like to know this for sure as well. It would definitely be a game changer.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
1 month ago#19
You can stimulate Wei ending from DW7, neat.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/status/1068099346875396097
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#20
Just tried the character change and yeah, chapter skipping is definitely possible!!!

I started Sima Shi's story (Chapter 11) and then changed to Sima Zhao in Wu Zhang Plains. Finished the chapter using Zhao.

Then when chapter 12 starts, i basically switched to Sima Zhao's story, since the cutscene in the beginning of the chapter was probably exclusive to him.

I then quit the story and checked the story list, and yeah, i unlocked chapter 12 for both Shi and Zhao. When i restart the Sima Shi's chapter 12, the cutscene was different from when i used Zhao.

Haven't tried unlocking any ending, though, but judging from the "story switching" it's probably possible.

Hell yeah, definitely an improvement to the biggest flaw of the game.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Update 1.19 is out
  • Topic Archived