• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Update 1.19 is out

User Info: PontiffXavi

PontiffXavi
1 month ago#1
Added BGM from a previous title from the DYNASTY WARRIORS series.

Added new wallpaper.

Added Reactive Attack "Guard Counter".

Added an Emotions feature.

Added a feature that allows players to change their playable character.

Added a feature that enables a bonus to be obtained when matching is preformed for the first time.

Added a feature that enables costumes to be changed at the character selection screen.

Corrected an issue in which Chapter 13 - "Protect the Defensive Line" could sometimes not be completed.

Corrected a number of other minor issues.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#2

Huh? How will this affect the story mode? Until now we can't play anyone else outside the one who own the story.
Maybe now we can play multiple stories at once and don't have to repeat battles that are shared by multiple characters anymore? aka, playing actual "Kingdom Mode".
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

PontiffXavi
1 month ago#3
Just tested it, you can change characters in story mode, but not in free mode. Interesting to note that when changing characters, it does the warning about their play history being overwritten.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#4
RPGNoZero posted...

Huh? How will this affect the story mode? Until now we can't play anyone else outside the one who own the story.
Maybe now we can play multiple stories at once and don't have to repeat battles that are shared by multiple characters anymore? aka, playing actual "Kingdom Mode".

It's rather limited though; you can't, for example, play as Cao Cao in his last chapter and then switch to Diaochan as a way of playing as her while doing his story.

It can only be other characters within the same kingdom, and also happens to appear in the same scenario, so no Dian Wei in Cao Cao's last chapter or Sun Quan either.

Overall it seems like a convenience more than anything, but I haven't tested if this feature can be used to skip chapters for other characters (like swap out Cao Cao for Xun You to complete his story quick, or something) OR if it's just playing as another Wei character but advancing Cao Cao's storyline.
Ya iz russki bot

PontiffXavi
1 month ago#5
CHAPTER SKIPPING IS LIVE!!!!!

At least in some form, as it doesn't unlock the chapters in between.

Did it with Cao Cao and Zhang He, went to Cao Cao's last chapter, changed to Zhang He, now he has chapters 5 and 8 available.

EDIT: Did it again to see if I could unlock Zhang He's story chapter by chapter doing this, and it doesn't seem to work that way. So it might be somewhat locked, but I haven't tried actually completing a chapter or doing anything other than saving after I changed characters, so there still might be hope.

PontiffXavi
1 month ago#6
Some minor notes:

- Wind elemental attacks now put a purple aura on the enemy? Not sure if the base effects have been changed again or if it's just a new visual

- Named officers now seem to preform counters, though I've been playing Chapter 8 on ultimate. Also might not be new, it's been a while since I played.

- Enemy musou attacks seem a bit faster now, could be my imagination.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
1 month ago#7
How does Guard Counter work?

PontiffXavi
1 month ago#8
Skode24 posted...
How does Guard Counter work?

Pretty much just hold guard, once any attack hits you can press triangle for a quick counter. It's pretty much a counter without the slow motion, though it has a different animation. Also counter related gem attributes work with it.

PontiffXavi
1 month ago#9
Also for an update with chapter skipping, IT WORKS!

Zhang He was able to go from Cao Cao's final battle on chapter 8 to start chapter 9 on his own, though it still doesn't unlock any earlier chapters. Might only work with certain character combos too, I tried starting from Pang De's Chapter 9 with Zhang He earlier and he couldn't trigger the first mission. Might've just been a glitch, we'll see.

User Info: redroses_4life

redroses_4life
1 month ago#10
I wish they would fix the load times for getting into an online game. EVERY host I've tried to join just leaves as I'm loading into it.
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Update 1.19 is out
  • Topic Archived