• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Ending the Clone Wars?

User Info: Gundam_Rising

Gundam_Rising
3 months ago#21
They need to go the DW3+4 route, some characters had the same movesets with a few differences but they're weapons had a unique look to set them apart from someone else's.

I also liked the weapons like the gatling crossbow and the boot weapons.
PSN: Legendary_Hi-Nu Semi-retired ACI pilot, Rising_Gundam(jpn alt)
Xbox 360: II Dark Z II Seriously thinking about quitting

User Info: Izzyama

Izzyama
3 months ago#22
Other
Comment: make everyone have unique move sets, but limit weapons to traditional ones (swords, shields, spears, bows, clubs, staves, knives, etc.) You know, actual melee weapons and not furniture, vehicles, guns. The trend with 8 and 9 with doing crazy weapons for the sake of being crazy or being unique honestly turned me off more. I don't mind the occasional War Fan here and there, but they just went overboard.

You can STILL make tons of unique move sets even with traditional weapons.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#23
Izzyama posted...
Other
Comment: make everyone have unique move sets, but limit weapons to traditional ones (swords, shields, spears, bows, clubs, staves, knives, etc.) You know, actual melee weapons and not furniture, vehicles, guns. The trend with 8 and 9 with doing crazy weapons for the sake of being crazy or being unique honestly turned me off more. I don't mind the occasional War Fan here and there, but they just went overboard.

You can STILL make tons of unique move sets even with traditional weapons.

I pretty much agree with you and want what you want, although I'd argue your answer would count as D or 4 since that means they'll probably function similarly to each other depending on their weapon type (spears, pole-axes, naginatas, pikes, etc. are all polearms for example). However I can imagine some creative uses of spears and swords and other more historically correct weapons, so I'm sure Koei can too. The question is whether or not they will...

And maybe they are, it's hard to say. Dual-wielding flaming scimitars is obviously not a realistic style but it's a lot closer to reality than a spear-chucking gatling gun.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
3 months ago#24
While there are extremely valid points here, i will as one thing: 94.

The development and testing time for more individual moves would put everything behind schedule and over budget.

Of cousre, they could drop some series to move more resources to this, but i doubt they’d do that
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Ending the Clone Wars?
  • Topic Archived