• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Ending the Clone Wars?

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
1 month ago#11
Equipping any weapon was a cover for cloned movesets. I think it's a silly option that kills character individuality and makes the roster look like cosplayers.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
1 month ago#12
While I think about it, nobody use a normal and traditional Jian (sword), the closest thing we have to it is Xiahouji actually having one with her own weapon model.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
1 month ago#13
Nhatalya posted...
While I think about it, nobody use a normal and traditional Jian (sword), the closest thing we have to it is Xiahouji actually having one with her own weapon model.

Doesn't Sima Zhao count?
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

Nhatalya
1 month ago#14
It look like a dao.

I'm speaking of this.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRQIyYL7FYVxVwUetyRxysLLoUrBF3k2XPjiyZUjhr7P2MJHdrS

Liu Shan's unique weapon model in DW7 looked like a Jian too.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
1 month ago#15
Ah.
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
1 month ago#16
Nhatalya posted...
It look like a dao.
I'm speaking of this.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRQIyYL7FYVxVwUetyRxysLLoUrBF3k2XPjiyZUjhr7P2MJHdrS
Liu Shan's unique weapon model in DW7 looked like a Jian too.

Funny you mention it, because I've always wanted to see that weapon come back. The rulers (namely Sun Jian, Quan, Liu Bei, Dong Zhuo, Yuan Shao, and sorta Cao Cao) all wielded jians/straight-swords back in the PS2 Era with them changing slightly in DW4 and 5 (namely Dong Zhuo's became a scimitar and Yuan Shao's became a bit like a Persian weapon that focuses on cutting in exchange for being poor at stabbing).

Overall I'd love to see at least some of the rulers get back their straight swords, or the weapon be "reintroduced" to a new character or even DLC. I'd pay for a jian... for Sun Jian!
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
1 month ago#17
My feeble mind does not understand why everyone was decloned in DW8 just to undo that in DW9, even going so far as to clone characters that has been unique since their debut lmao...

User Info: Asdeq

Asdeq
1 month ago#18
WhiteZeus posted...
My feeble mind does not understand why everyone was decloned in DW8 just to undo that in DW9, even going so far as to clone characters that has been unique since their debut lmao...

Trying to jam everything in one go ASAP is the reason why:
1) They wanted to change the combat system
2) They wanted to make new type of Open world
3) They wanted to new movesets and character
4) They wanted to release it on 9 Feb!

These things will definitely make a game bad, forcing everything in one swoop.

Nhatalya
1 month ago#19
I'm glad they changed it. I hated most of the DW8 moveset. Weapons were gimmicky for the sake of it, a lot of them had clunky moves. I hope the Gatling gun machine, whatever Xiabou Ba's weapon is and Fa Zheng's carpet cloth thingy are gone for good.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 month ago#20
I just don't get why they decided to change the weapons. If they kept the weapons in DW8, with that DW9
game play it would have been better.

Incorporate the gimmicks properly like for Yuan Shao have his rapier extend on the launcher or as a finisher. Or Zhang Bao could bring out the flail on his stun string etc for the crowd control but also mobility.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Ending the Clone Wars?
  • Topic Archived