• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#91
Asdeq posted...
Skode24 posted...
Asdeq posted...
Skode24 posted...
https://youtu.be/Z7zibqRfywk

Finally a proper moveset fitting for him. He was by far worst offender for inexplicable allocation of a clone weapon (seriously why Zhao Yun?).

So that fans can be scammed into being paid for DLC for a weapon that is semiclones and already in the game.

Yeah, definitely a vote with your wallet moment if your not impressed. FOUR of the six movesets are returning weapons from previous games - we have the Hook Swords, Lighting Sword and Katana coming up too.

The high dislike bar already seals that DW9 is already hated enough. I don't know what Koei's gonna do unless they're planning to win the most hated game of all time despite multiple updates.

EDIT: Koei's gonna be disliked whatever Koei's gonna do. Just release DW9E, and move on to DW10.

100% believe they're working on an Empires though it'll likely be at an early stage of development at the moment. Prob a good thing, it'll ideally have minimum clones by that stage and everyone can just buy that to get access to all these weapons in one fell swoop (that's what they've done all through DW7 and DW8 with DLC).

User Info: BhevHD

BhevHD
3 months ago#92
Speaking of, I wonder who the Empires add will be? Hopefully not another Wei strategist, we got 5 of them since DW7.

Potentially Wu, seeing as we got a Shu in 7E and a Wei in 8E

User Info: redroses_4life

redroses_4life
3 months ago#93
BhevHD posted...
Speaking of, I wonder who the Empires add will be? Hopefully not another Wei strategist, we got 5 of them since DW7.

It will just be the DLC characters for 9.
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#94
BhevHD posted...

I never expected to see adds for Empires, but if this is going to be a trend... then hopefully Lu Kang! It'd be funny to see an adult-looking Lu Kang with a kid-looking dad lol. Maybe they'll make Lu Xun an "older face" at some point but the potential for humor is ripe alongside Lu Kang's historical badassery.
Ya iz russki bot

Skode24
3 months ago#95
BhevHD posted...

Those were picked from most wanted polls in Japan for DW7 & 8. There hasn't been one for 9 but of the polls of the past there's still some yet unpayable like Lu Kang they could add if they want (Empires adds are pointless but easy as there's zero story content or script to worry about).

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 months ago#96
I will really be really surprised if they're working on Empires. Really shocked.

Everything they're doing points to an XL style game with traditional scenarios, a few new tracks, MAYBE a few new characters but probably not.

Skode24
3 months ago#97
Dark Symphony posted...
I will really be really surprised if they're working on Empires. Really shocked.

Everything they're doing points to an XL style game with traditional scenarios, a few new tracks, MAYBE a few new characters but probably not.

The director in an interview outright stated they were not working on an XL but had been having discussions on how to make an empires game work with the huge open world and how they'd get around the hurdles it'd present.

User Info: BhevHD

BhevHD
3 months ago#98
Yeah, I figured the DLC with new characters, weapons, and scenarios sort of covered what XL usually would. Wouldn't expect an Empires til at least 2020 though.

User Info: Lord_plague

Lord_plague
3 months ago#99
Hope sun ce gets his tonfas back
Nemo immortalis est

Skode24
3 months ago#100
https://youtu.be/mDPLKqdkXZQ
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th