• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
1 month ago#71
redroses_4life posted...
Skode24 posted...
sol_trigger posted...
what makes it worse is when a character other than sun jian use it they won't have his unique flame moves

I thought people wanted things to be exclusive to characters, no clones and what have you.

Nice strawman.

Nice lack of a contribution, much the same as always given your track record.

I'm just saying people lose the plot at clones and want everyone unique but now that would be an issue because... What makes characters unique should be shared across everyone?

The DLC weapons are meant to have unique weapons because otherwise they're not doing much of a declone job are they? I'm guessing you want DW7 or 8 era DLC where the movesets are just genetic across all with no unique traits to any particular character? With that logic why have favourite weapons at all because it's only fair Lu Bu gets access to Da Qiao air swoop with the Twin Fans yeah? Lol.

Where were these complaints with the last batch of weapon DLC where Zhang He, Wang Yi and Xu Shu got exclusive to them moves using the weapons?

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
1 month ago#72
why bring DW7 8 here ? games are fine on their own and every characters are unique.

Where were these complaints with the last batch of weapon DLC where Zhang He, Wang Yi and Xu Shu got exclusive to them moves using the weapons?

i don't even know what you are trying to say...

User Info: redroses_4life

redroses_4life
1 month ago#73
sol_trigger posted...
why bring DW7 8 here ? games are fine on their own and every characters are unique.

I don't think he knows either.
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?

Skode24
1 month ago#74
sol_trigger posted...

That is my point buddy. They're unique if they get exclusive moves to them. Otherwise they're just different skins as weapon swap removes that very uniqueness of the characters. Even in DW8 the only exclusives anyone had was Ex attacks on a default weapon - these are just the same principle as anybody can use any weapon anytime so if Sun Jian has exclusive fire attacks I'm personally all for it.

There's a lack of merit to using the majority of the cast as is outside of an ending cutscene each so weapons are probably the best excuse we've got IMO. You raised point about only Sun Jian accessing the fire explosion attacks on new weapons (at least I think that's your meaning) and your likely right based on description on JPN website but it's the same with every weapon in the game as well as the other DLC. Sorry if I wasn't very clear on the matter lol

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
1 month ago#75
musou attacks and special attacks are enough to make them unique. Also face this, there is NO unique character in DW9 except for Lu Bu. DLC weapons should be fully functional on every characters not only on the one they decloned, that is called laziness cash grab.

User Info: daosiying

daosiying
1 month ago#76
sol_trigger posted...
musou attacks and special attacks are enough to make them unique. Also face this, there is NO unique character in DW9 except for Lu Bu. DLC weapons should be fully functional on every characters not only on the one they decloned, that is called laziness cash grab.

Jesus christ you're dumb. Lazy would be them not giving a designated character unique moves for the weapon. That would be just cribbing what DW7 and 8 did. This is actually more than what you're asking.

They actually bother to give unique features for a character with a paid weapon and you're claiming it's lazier than 7/8 where there was nothing separating the moveset between characters.

Can't expect much from DW players these days can we?

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
1 month ago#77
daosiying posted...
sol_trigger posted...

Jesus christ you're dumb. Lazy would be them not giving a designated character unique moves for the weapon. That would be just cribbing what DW7 and 8 did. This is actually more than what you're asking.

They actually bother to give unique features for a character with a paid weapon and you're claiming it's lazier than 7/8 where there was nothing separating the moveset between characters.

Can't expect much from DW players these days can we?

the line between DW/ROTK and just Musou players has become pretty distinct. . .

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
1 month ago#78
TBH i don't want everyone to have decloned weapons…

What would be cool however is if everyone gets a unique flow finisher for every flow attack, not just one.

Same with trigger attacks, i'm fine with some cloned moves for each weapon. But there needs to be way more unique stuff

1 unique trigger and one unique flow ender isn't enough… And none of the flow attacks are unique either…

If this were to happen i wouldn't mind so much about SOME cloned moves per weapon class.

Playing Zhao Yun after playing Ma Chao is a pain because Ma Chao's unique finisher and trigger attack are way more fun. Zhao Yun's are generic as hell.

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
1 month ago#79
Equipping different movesets (let's be real, that's what you're doing) was originally implemented to draw attention away from the clones in DW7.

It was a mistake. Now they've painted themselves into a corner. When people become fans of movesets and not characters, uniqueness becomes a detriment which is... just absurd. Now characters have identity crisis issues and dev efforts to make them unique upset people. What a terrible situation.

Skode24
1 month ago#80
Dark Symphony posted...
Equipping different movesets (let's be real, that's what you're doing) was originally implemented to draw attention away from the clones in DW7.

It was a mistake. Now they've painted themselves into a corner. When people become fans of movesets and not characters, uniqueness becomes a detriment which is... just absurd. Now characters have identity crisis issues and dev efforts to make them unique upset people. What a terrible situation.

Completely agree with everything said here - if a character is NOT unique what is the point of them being playable. Everyone has faves so they're all here with some unique moves as the stop gap so they can gradually make them all standout as individuals and not just fancy skins for weapons - not ideal but I get it, to lament actually having exclusive individuality to movesets is bewildering to me.

I guess it's the newer fans coming on board which only know of this weird weapon switch which has in all fairness been there for years now and looking like a cheap mod for meme images (why can Xiao Qiao use the Club five times her bodyweight and Ding Feng spin about gracefully with the fans?). Even the on disc ones feel copy pasted - Xing Cai had the sword and shield, she's a bodyguard and adopts as such a physical moveset and stance... Her mother uses it too, complete with frilly dress that would HINDED her using it yet here we are.

Koei have backed themselves into a corner - I remember always watching streams of DW7 and 8 and it just being people using their fave female with Lu Bu Halberd as it was OP. It looks ridiculous but this is what Koei had created. Skins for weapons formally known as unique characters. I accept it's a nessicity with the new combat system and ability to use DLC but people are wanting not just weapon switch but no unique moves anymore. I'm deeply concerned by this.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th
  • Topic Archived