• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
3 months ago#21
I'm still hoping Lu Xin's DW6 moveset and weapon gets added, perhaps it could go to Zhong Hui this time?

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#22
SuperDWFan posted...
Sun Jian with two machetes is EXTREMELY unfitting. They could’ve just given him his DW6 weapon and moveset.

Fire fire Wu theme and the weapons are literally reminiscent of kinds of swords he's had before size wise but two of them this time. He's was one of the biggest badasses of his time so it works - before the debate was Zhu Ran or Lu Xun? Now I see the size of them via the screenshot I've definately come round to them being on him as it wouldn't have suited either of those two.

It's a decent call, he was heavy on creating big AOE shockwaves in DW8 looking a beast doing so but this time it seems he'll be doing AOE explosions instead lol. Can't wait to see moveset teaser.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
3 months ago#23
I just want everyone to be unique, I don't care that he doesn't have his nine ringed blade anymore, his new weapon is pretty fine.

Like if they wanted to give Zhenji a Whip Sword or a Leather Whip with a b****y dominatrix moveset and throw away her flute I wouldn't even complain.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: VETO9999

VETO9999
3 months ago#24
Wait, so the musou still gonna be unchanged huh?
My best girls: Nitocris(FGO),Wang Yi(DW),Kai(SW),Luka Megurine,KOS-MOS,Homura(SK),Momiji(NG),Beatrix(FFIX),Tsubasa Hanekawa

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
3 months ago#25
Yeah, just like the previous three DLC weapons. Must be too much work to change the Special and Musou attacks, and also patch a new character render with their new weapon on the character select screen. *sarcasm obviously*
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#26
Nhatalya posted...
Yeah, just like the previous three DLC weapons. Must be too much work to change the Special and Musou attacks, and also patch a new character render with their new weapon on the character select screen. *sarcasm obviously*

Another (more serious but probably not difficult) issue is "what if the existing fanbase prefers the base weapons"?

Like I definitely prefer Wang Yi with wheels over emei piercers and some might prefer Sun Jian with his old sword over his new swords. I doubt very many, if any, prefer daggers to claws or Pretend Cao Cao to hook-and-blade, but I'd imagine as they continue to make "new" weapons they run more and more the risk of bothering those that preferred the original weapons.

Best solution I can imagine would be to change the animation of the musous and specials when the characters in question are wielding their DLC weapons and keeping it to the base game otherwise.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
3 months ago#27
LMAO twin dao for Sun jian...typical great decision KOEI style as ever. Meanwhile my husbando zhao yun is still a pile of garbage clone trash poster boy KOEI/10.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#28
SiegvonWal posted...
Nhatalya posted...

Another (more serious but probably not difficult) issue is "what if the existing fanbase prefers the base weapons"?

Like I definitely prefer Wang Yi with wheels over emei piercers and some might prefer Sun Jian with his old sword over his new swords. I doubt very many, if any, prefer daggers to claws or Pretend Cao Cao to hook-and-blade, but I'd imagine as they continue to make "new" weapons they run more and more the risk of bothering those that preferred the original weapons.

Best solution I can imagine would be to change the animation of the musous and specials when the characters in question are wielding their DLC weapons and keeping it to the base game otherwise.

Going forward all theyre gonna lose is a couple of attacks. There has yet to be weapon locking in what seven games now? If you want to just use Diao Chan with a Club you simply equip one to her and so on.

Far more people, FAR more (emphasis on far lol) rant about clones than the weapon choices on characters in themselves. Like your eluding to people might get shafted based on assignment (seriouly f*** Koei for giving Ma Dai a paint brush!) But it's kinda a nessicary evil and weirdly enough people eventually associate a weapon to almost being part of the character in itself (it's just not Taishi Ci without the twin rods and so on lol).

Just a case of when I suppose. DW9 Empires? DW10? Meanwhile both base and DLC become "favourites" so you can freely use either as you like without losing out on the animations.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#29
Skode24 posted...
Going forward all theyre gonna lose is a couple of attacks. There has yet to be weapon locking in what seven games now? If you want to just use Diao Chan with a Club you simply equip one to her and so on.
Well, who knows with the new combat system. What I like about the semi-clones is that they're semi clones, not total clones. So the same weapon type can be used differently by the characters that favor it as well as when used by everyone else. That's much better than how clones worked in DW7-8, and I don't mind seeing that go if the new movesets replacing the clones are either better than the clones or I can always switch out when I like (a gripe I had with WO3 when I first played, briefly, years ago was that I couldn't switch weapons with DW7 characters because that was my pull when I first played DW7. Properly playing WO3 in its Ultimate edition, I'm not bothered by the lack of weapon switching at all because... Well, there's so much variety that after I pushed through the boring first few levels I had a lot of fun mixing and matching my parties. But that's got little to do with DW, unless Koei decides to get rid of weapon switching and/or implement a tag/party system similar to WO or SW4).

Far more people, FAR more (emphasis on far lol) rant about clones than the weapon choices on characters in themselves.
You don't say... :-P
Although I was bothered more by the "new weapons" of DW6 than the clones because the first thing I noticed was the "new weapons" and combat system. But I don't like clones either--at least full clones. I actually kinda like the semi-clone system because it's sorta like how it worked in DW2-5, as most weapon types (Spears, curved swords, straight swords, etc.) functioned similarly but the wielder had unique musous and charges (especially the C3-4 charges).
Like your eluding to people might get shafted based on assignment (seriouly f*** Koei for giving Ma Dai a paint brush!) But it's kinda a nessicary evil and weirdly enough people eventually associate a weapon to almost being part of the character in itself (it's just not Taishi Ci without the twin rods and so on lol).
I'm more alluding to how it is presently with DW9. Like a potential reason why Koei might not patch out the old/base weapons (as being favorite or in the animations of musous/specials) in favor of the DLC weapons. I'm not saying I particularly care one way or another (because for the most part the DLC weapons have had little to do with my own preferred characters or playstyle, although I can definitely see it being important for fans of the new weapons/wielders and understand that), just giving a potential rational for Koei that makes sense at face value.
Just a case of when I suppose. DW9 Empires? DW10? Meanwhile both base and DLC become "favourites" so you can freely use either as you like without losing out on the animations.

If DW7: Empires or DW8: Empires are to be used as examples, then probably DW9 Empires (if that becomes a thing--I think it will, just because Koei knows fans want that even if they hate/disliked DW9 so why not?).

Overall, my point is that I wasn't expressing a personal opinion (beyond preferring Wang Yi as a semi-clone over an emei-piercer wielder) but a plausible excuse.

However, on the subject of weapons/movesets, I definitely would rather Koei stop flip-flopping every other entry since I assume it upsets more people than it pleases and I personally hated it (though that's a strong word to use at this point, because with weapon-switching it's more forgivable than ever) and would rather the DW team follow the SW team's example of not changing movesets but simply tweaking them to fit the new system/engine/graphics/etc.

Oh, and I want Lianshi's shotgun back lol she was OP as Hell with that thing!
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
3 months ago#30
clones are bad, semi or not it's still bad. This game would have been a disaster without the weapon changing but thanks god it's here.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th
  • Topic Archived