• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
3 months ago#111
The new Zhao Tai moveset is EXACTLY what i want from a sequel…
DW7 to DW8 had almost no change in movesets for many characters including Zhao Tai...

And ppl seem to accept that.. I DON'T. Movesets should remain familiar but still expanded and fresh. And this new moveset clearly has new stuff integrated with old stuff which i think is PERFECT.

Same reason why i'm not getting WO4... It's LITERALLY WO3 with minimum changes to movesets...

Blind fanboys ask me "so wtf do you want if they change the moveset we are pissed!". Well.. This new DW9 Zhao Tai moveset is my answer to them...

Even though i was dissapointed with this game, i'm holding out hope DW 10 will be uncloned again and everyones moveset will be their good old moveset again WITH new stuff like this new Zhao Tai moveset...

However, i wonder if the Zhao Tai's stun attack unique trigger finisher is still on this new sword? The one that was his EX attack in DW8&7.

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
3 months ago#112
love zhang fei new weapon, it's powerful

User Info: daosiying

daosiying
3 months ago#113
No, Zhou Tai gets a different Flow and Trigger with this weapon. Which surprisingly did not outright replace his existing weapon category.

The wo dao and serpent spear aren't bad but I think they're a little too basic. Can't quite juggle with them with them as much as I'd like compared to some other base weapons.

New dual swords are dope. Deploys fireballs on the field after flow attacks and counters, use trigger attacks or flow finishers on them to detonate them.

If I ever get off on-time instead of the constant OT I do I might get around to posting some in-depth stuff on the new weapons. Not likely though.

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
3 months ago#114
Sux, his unique flow and trigger were the only thing that were fun and staple Zhao Tai move. Oh well. Looking forward to DW 10 if they ever have the balls to make one.

sol_trigger
3 months ago#115
didn't like the katana stun trigger, it feels too weird and hard to hit enemy

User Info: X-SkyBlaze

X-SkyBlaze
3 months ago#116
Raiden243 posted...
I'm still hoping Lu Xin's DW6 moveset and weapon gets added, perhaps it could go to Zhong Hui this time?

yes please, and Cao Pi's DW6E Longsword!

sol_trigger
3 months ago#117
Cao Pi DW6E/6S longsword would be an instant buy for me !

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 months ago#118
Zhong Hui needs to keep his Harry Potter Magic Swords moveset.

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
3 months ago#119
Gave a good reason to play Sun Jain. . . i recommend loading the new weapon with high Attack Sp w/Elemental and Counter, than grab a beer abc watch the light show of carnage

sol_trigger
2 months ago#120
so when is the rest of the weapon come out ?
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th
  • Topic Archived