• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th

User Info: omega00195122

omega00195122
3 months ago#101
Is it me or am I seeing less air blade slashing effects.

User Info: Asdeq

Asdeq
3 months ago#102
omega00195122 posted...
Is it me or am I seeing less air blade slashing effects.

You want more of that? Then buy the Deluxe Katana DLC for $400.

User Info: omega00195122

omega00195122
3 months ago#103
Compared to what I remember from DW 8 XL, he doesn't leave as much air slashes as before. At least from the video for the dlc they are willing to show us.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
3 months ago#104
The same can be said to most movesets in the game, really. Most of them are more grounded in effects compared to the DW8 version.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: Dark Symphony

Dark Symphony
3 months ago#105
I prefer attacks with direct motion behind them to attacks that swipe in a bunch of directions without any animation to back them up. I can kind of make an exception for a Katana Sheath stance.

Thinking about it, I think a quick draw stance is kind of odd on the giant Zhou Tai. I think he'd look better using the same stance but doing slower poweful drawn slashes from it.

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
3 months ago#106
Dark Symphony posted...
I prefer attacks with direct motion behind them to attacks that swipe in a bunch of directions without any animation to back them up. I can kind of make an exception for a Katana Sheath stance.

Thinking about it, I think a quick draw stance is kind of odd on the giant Zhou Tai. I think he'd look better using the same stance but doing slower poweful drawn slashes from it.

Well, realistically, big men are stronger and therefore faster with drawing and slashing weapons. I know DW is far from realistic, but... realistically... a katana is not that heavy. A superhuman man could theoretically make a lot of quick slashes, and the speed of those slashes combined with Zhou Tai's strength ought to make them extra deadly.

In contrast, characters that use bows (if the series followed realism) ought to shoot them rather slowly since quick shots were (IRL) very weak and ineffective while a full draw (which means pulling on up to 200 pounds for a war bow) could take a few seconds but the power of the shot would be worthwhile. Someone like Sun Shangxiang is a bit silly using a bow from a realism perspective because upper body strength is paramount to shooting both quickly and powerfully (so Huang Zhong and Lu Bu make reasonable archers).

The above is a tangent, but it'd be interesting if they ever introduced a "real bow" (or "greatbow") as a weapon and have it be like shooting harpoons and give a lot of ranged coverage (like the old crossbow shotgun) in exchange for being as slow as Xu Chu's club per shot.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#107
Dark Symphony posted...

I agree, it feels... Meatier when he's drawing out a katana and going for that one big slash over daft anime slashes. It gives me Bushido Blade vibes and I grew up on Japanese samurai movies so yeah I'm ok if this ain't as OTT as it could have been, not least as it involved him removing it from the sheath first (they do it with Yagyu Munenori but at least he was an extremely celebrated swordsman and iaijutsu is a legit technique).

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
3 months ago#108
new weapon coming tomorrow ? it's 12th here

Dark Symphony
3 months ago#109
SiegvonWal posted...
Well, realistically, big men are stronger and therefore faster with drawing and slashing weapons.

True indeed but it is possible to focus on power over speed. A bunt is a really fast motion but a swing hits harder
Yes the bat moves faster than a bunt but it's offset by windup and wind down.

Dark Symphony
3 months ago#110
Skode24 posted...
Dark Symphony posted...

I agree, it feels... Meatier when he's drawing out a katana and going for that one big slash over daft anime slashes. It gives me Bushido Blade vibes and I grew up on Japanese samurai movies so yeah I'm ok if this ain't as OTT as it could have been, not least as it involved him removing it from the sheath first (they do it with Yagyu Munenori but at least he was an extremely celebrated swordsman and iaijutsu is a legit technique).

100%. All the way down to the Bushido Blade deal where the attacks really felt like they had weight behind them.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Weapon pack 2 coming December 13th
  • Topic Archived