• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. DW9 haters would you still buy DW9 if it was DW8 reskinned?

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
4 months ago#11
Most of the DW8 need to die. They got too far fetched and in particular too gimmicky. Why have to time presses to get best out of Ding Feng when older characters did same job far easier? Why force hits to access rest of moveset on Guan Suo when others don't have to? Why struggle to chain combos with Zhu Ran when others just need to push buttons?

It was the arts after of a whiney community who wanted every one decloned (not unreasonable) and yet unique (honestly difficult to work proper with its tired charge combat system) WHILST still keeping the old ones (you see the issue here? They literally demand same stuff and new stuff... Hence DW8 will always be another DW7 with stuff glued on to me).

Someone said elsewhere about SW series where the new weapons feel so much better over old casts which have remained largely unchanged for over a decade but just had stuff glued onto them.

Open world was risky idea but it actually felt like a bigger deal than old games where it was one corridor to next and there was thousands more dialogue than before. It was poorly executed but a great fit none the less for such a rich source material. The combat though was the greatest addition it has to stay for me, it offers already from base variety - the fan sword is very different from the twin fans, the axe plays very different to the gloves... No need for gimmicks on a minority of weapons just to be "unique". Its just far better than old one (seriously you WANT to mash a button five times just to access an attack?).

User Info: The Rogue Cobra

The Rogue Cobra
4 months ago#12
Because Ding Feng is invincible during those enhanced attacks and some of them are disgusting in power. Ding Feng had a good gimmick while Guan Suo's was pretty bad and Zhu Ran's was horrendous.

That said, I think Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors had better ideas with their gimmicks.
Tell me Bats, what are you REALLY scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? ME, in a THONG? - The Joker

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 months ago#13
Skode24 posted...
seriously you WANT to mash a button five times just to access an attack?).

To be honest? Yes.

I liked the old charge system, because it was more engaging. I liked the rhythm of it, plus I actually had to be paying attention to where I was in what combo so I knew when I could do the branchoff combos.

As opposed to DW9, where it's just mashing square till they block then R1 square to break block. I get so damn bored with DW9's combat.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: LordDrakescale

LordDrakescale
4 months ago#14
Because most of them are idiots who whine and complain without any legitimate criticism or reason? Yeah they'll buy a reskin.
The truth is, people have nasty habits to tell lies, unlike me.
Currently playing: GTA Online, Monster Hunter World, Dynasty Warriors 9.

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
4 months ago#15
DsPsofLife posted...
It would fix one of the three biggest problems. However, the battles would still take place in the same copy/paste bases and forts and it would still be missing the great weapon customization from DW8. The gem system in DW9 is horrible.

Sorry man, about the last thing i care about is cut ‘n paste bases or forts. They mapped all of freakin China with hundreds of them. Doing individual customization for each one is simply not practical.

Aside from the switch attacks, the weapon system in 9 is simply more sophisticated and superior. I mean collecting , hording, and crafting different gems to make specific types of weapons for each character or scenario instead of unlocking stock hidden weapons after looking up where they are?

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
4 months ago#16
The Gem System is okay, but we should be able to customize/fusion them.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
4 months ago#17
Degalon posted...
Skode24 posted...
seriously you WANT to mash a button five times just to access an attack?).

To be honest? Yes.

I liked the old charge system, because it was more engaging. I liked the rhythm of it, plus I actually had to be paying attention to where I was in what combo so I knew when I could do the branchoff combos.

As opposed to DW9, where it's just mashing square till they block then R1 square to break block. I get so damn bored with DW9's combat.

I'm the opposite naturally. It was a button masher till a broken rock/paper/scissors combo kicks in and makes it effortless. That and it's all played out the same - you don't react to situations (sans musuo trumping all) - you just find the OP charge attacks and spam them as many others are utterly useless in comparison.

Still whiners getting Koei to nerf the enemy are absolutely at fault for DW9 combat small failings (enemy's would drop from knock down/air combos far easier and keep rolling if you kept old school mashing). It definately made the system have far more in common with the brain dead button mashing of 8 than before but this can be rectified. I laugh at comments "the enemy just stand around!" When they raged when they did anything but stand around to be whacked on the head lol

In all honesty I think DW9 meant I didn't enjoy WO4 as much as I might have. Felt a big step back returning to charge system but there was always appeal in the volume of it guess than before but after finishing game I've yet to return to it lol.

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
4 months ago#18
you know what makes a perfect DW game in the future ? DW9 contents / world map + WOZ combat moveset

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
4 months ago#19
I would not buy it. DW8 was basically a reskin of DW7 but it fixed a lot of DW7's issues.

Knowing how the DW 9 flopped hard though pretty sure DW10 is gonna be DW7.6.

User Info: Kia123Amini

Kia123Amini
4 months ago#20
If recycling the old combat system allowed OF to spend more time designing the open world, so they could make the world more immersive and interesting, then yeah I’d be fine with it.

If there’s no open world, I’d still buy it, but I’d complain that we still haven’t gotten an open world DW
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, July 1942-May 2010. I hope you enjoyed your unparalleled musicianship while it lasted (all 67 years, dude). \m/
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. DW9 haters would you still buy DW9 if it was DW8 reskinned?
  • Topic Archived