• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. DW9 haters would you still buy DW9 if it was DW8 reskinned?

User Info: GuyDude25

GuyDude25
2 months ago#1
If DW9 had the same gameplay and movesets from DW8E change the stages, character design, and story. then slapped in DW9 would you still buy it?

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
2 months ago#2
No, because I hated the moveset from 8. They were clunky with a s***ty hitbox.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: redroses_4life

redroses_4life
2 months ago#3
Nhatalya posted...
No, because I hated the moveset from 8. They were clunky with a s***ty hitbox.
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
2 months ago#4
Not a DW9 hater, but no. For these 6 years there has been too many reskinned DW7 (yes, DW8 is just a reskinned DW7) with barely any effort for any new experience.

Ever since 2013/2014 Omega Force definitely has been pretty lackluster and really only play safe. I used to defend them from "same old same old" critics, but they literally deserve those critics now.

A lot of the musou aspects has also been fading in quality and were done better in the pre-DW7 games.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
2 months ago#5
jesus no.
i like dw9 in its own way
adding dw7-8 costume = yes
reskin game = NO

User Info: The Rogue Cobra

The Rogue Cobra
2 months ago#6
I would actually, I disliked the idea of a Musou game going open world since the moment it was announced. I wouldn't get it at full price since you mentioned it's a reskin and not a flat out improvement, but I'd definitely check it out.

The thing is though, I say that knowing how Dynasty 9 turned out. If you'd asked me before release what I thought I would've said the opposite since at the time I was still curious if it'd be any good. Sadly the game is not very good and the old style of gameplay is more fun to me.

The one good thing is that at least it's something different. Who knows, maybe 10 will be better.
Tell me Bats, what are you REALLY scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? ME, in a THONG? - The Joker

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
2 months ago#7
yeah abandon this board and go back to your old games, we don't need any more DW9 trash posts, Dark Symphony did that enough

User Info: ComingEvil

ComingEvil
2 months ago#8
The fact anyone who has played this series, Empires, and ROTK hates DW9 is baffling, yet unfortunately believable.

In DW8, people complained the game never changes, so it changed, now they complain that it changed . . .

Action RPG taken to a new level and reinvented, but it’s not arcade enough and requires to much work.

None the less, I’d absolutely buy it as I loved 8 too, hell i’d buy any old DW game skins on this (as long as i don’t need to look four 4th-5th weapons)

User Info: DsPsofLife

DsPsofLife
2 months ago#9
It would fix one of the three biggest problems. However, the battles would still take place in the same copy/paste bases and forts and it would still be missing the great weapon customization from DW8. The gem system in DW9 is horrible.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
2 months ago#10
If they'd just kept the 8 weapons and movesets, plus level design, on top of going open world, 9 would have been my game of the year.

As is, dw9 lacks any depth or variety so it gets really boring really quickly. The Rogue Cobra posted...
Sadly the game is not very good and the old style of gameplay is more fun to me.

This. I reinstalled 8xl, and it's better than 9 in almost every way. Only thing 9 had better was the ability to lock on to enemies.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. DW9 haters would you still buy DW9 if it was DW8 reskinned?
  • Topic Archived