• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Characters You Would Like To See In Future Installments?

User Info: NeoEscaflowne

NeoEscaflowne
3 months ago#51
We already have over 90 characters to play as; if we try to squeeze any more in, other characters may have to be thrown out just to let these people in.

That being said; the fact that the series ends after Shu's fall is pretty bad as in the novel we have some problems with Zhong Hui defecting to the remnants of Shu. Also, Wei and Wu are left standing. If nothing else, I'd at least like Sima Yan to be added as well as the last leaders of Wei and Wu; Cao Huan and Sun Hao respectively. Let's at least end the story properly the way Romance of the Three Kingdoms did.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
3 months ago#52
NeoEscaflowne posted...
We already have over 90 characters to play as; if we try to squeeze any more in, other characters may have to be thrown out just to let these people in.

That being said; the fact that the series ends after Shu's fall is pretty bad as in the novel we have some problems with Zhong Hui defecting to the remnants of Shu. Also, Wei and Wu are left standing. If nothing else, I'd at least like Sima Yan to be added as well as the last leaders of Wei and Wu; Cao Huan and Sun Hao respectively. Let's at least end the story properly the way Romance of the Three Kingdoms did.

The source material is so massive I'm not sure anyone would have to get thrown out yet. I remember the hissy fitting over how adding Xun Yu, Xun You and Man Chong at same time to their story debuts would somehow mean too many strategists in Wei yet they all get their time to shine in the spotlight in the game.

If anything for the first time because of the 100x the dialogue compared to the past there was as minimal dead weight as there has ever been with Koei actually remembering the likes of Guan Ping, Cao Ren and Xu Huang exist for the first time in years.

Even the notoriously hard to feature ones like Bao Sanniang and Cao Wenji showed up far more than I anticipated as an ally or enemy in what felt more natural contributions Vs old odious practice where they'd just attribute someone's achievements to a playable (Han Dang getting Zhu Rans fire attack at Yi Ling in DW8 for example).

There is definately more story to tell should they want to. As you said Fall of Wu is untouched and it's certainly the biggest ommission from DW9 should they fancy a DW10 if not as a future DLC. No idea why the Zhong Hui rebellion wasn't covered in the game (esp with Xin Xianying being added) or the battle of Yuan siblings amongst others but they'd be nice excuses for actually worthwhile DLC content Vs guff like costumes and what better way than through eyes of a new playable officers or 2?
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Characters You Would Like To See In Future Installments?
  • Topic Archived