• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Characters You Would Like To See In Future Installments?

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
2 months ago#21
liao hua has more of a place than zhou cang, a literally fictional guan yu fanboy.
You just lost the game.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
2 months ago#22
He's inevitable, they'll add him at some point.

DW10 Shu New Characters Liao Hua and Hu Jinding Are Guan Yu's Fangirls Yet Again.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: Asdeq

Asdeq
2 months ago#23
Well i just want his DWBlast design, but since it is prone to changes...i'm already meh to it.

Nhatalya
2 months ago#24
Not necessarily. Look at Man Chong and Yuan Shu, while not being the exact same, it look very very similar to their Blast design. Xiahouji and Dong Bai use their exact design from Blast, no change.
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: Asdeq

Asdeq
2 months ago#25
Nhatalya posted...
Not necessarily. Look at Man Chong and Yuan Shu, while not being the exact same, it look very very similar to their Blast design. Xiahouji and Dong Bai use their exact design from Blast, no change.

Yes they do. But Xu Sheng, ZC, & Cheng Pu? Liao Hua's chance is 50:50 to retain his DWB design now.

I like him with his DWB design and i hate to see that design wasted & changed.

Nhatalya
2 months ago#26
You'll have to wait and see. :)
Bonjour mon ami(e).

User Info: Dragonexx

Dragonexx
2 months ago#27
Khewy posted...
I personally feel like Huaman wont have competition with Bao or go overboard with Guan Suo she might be the Kai Or Chacha but in dynasty warriors. But if anyone get multiple concubines and a wive in the game then it should go to Cao Cao with his wive Bianshi Concubines Dushi and Zoushi..

They should also add Wang Tao and Wang Yue as well. Just go full ham on Guan Suo as harem MC. Seriously. Guan Suo is some guys self-insert Gary Stu fanfic OC (DO NOT STEAL). Run with that full stop.

User Info: Locklan

Locklan
2 months ago#28
Liao Hua does add to late game Shu which currently is just a hodge lodge of progeny that weren’t actually involved in the battles they appear in. He was second to Jiang Wei, I don’t overly care that he was very old in a ceremonial position, he does have some contention with Jiang Wei and I think Jiang Wei needs a foil, I would submit that Liao Hua is the best candidate for the position.

Further because of his exaggerated long life, it would give them an avenue for some creative character design....I just don’t know that they would use it given their propensity for playing it straight in the series.
"None are so fallible as those who are sure they're right"

User Info: SiegvonWal

SiegvonWal
2 months ago#29
Locklan posted...
Liao Hua does add to late game Shu which currently is just a hodge lodge of progeny that weren’t actually involved in the battles they appear in. He was second to Jiang Wei, I don’t overly care that he was very old in a ceremonial position, he does have some contention with Jiang Wei and I think Jiang Wei needs a foil, I would submit that Liao Hua is the best candidate for the position.

Further because of his exaggerated long life, it would give them an avenue for some creative character design....I just don’t know that they would use it given their propensity for playing it straight in the series.

Perhaps Liao Hua could age over time like Liu Bei (sorta) does. I think Liu Bei looks too young since he's an old man (or middle-aged at least) for most of the timeline, however Liao Hua could easily have two models where he (kinda like Huang Zhong in Romance 13) can have a dark-haired youthful variant and then a white-haired old variant for when Shu becomes a thing.

It'd be cool to have an immortal dude with an evolving, aging personality who wasn't that big of a deal until late in the story since those types are a bit more human and relatable (because they start off without much to them, and become somebodies gradually over time). Overall though I'm more interested in seeing Others and Late Wu expanded since Shu and Wei are pretty much full houses.
Ya iz russki bot

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
2 months ago#30
Locklan posted...

Late Shu has far better picks though from Zhang Yi to Fei Yi. I think he's became this "everyone else is asking for him so I'll ask for him too". He is pretty underwhelming but I keep hearing his longevity as his biggest draw and not what he would actually add besides another dude who stands in the back as people are talking oblivious to the prescence lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Characters You Would Like To See In Future Installments?
  • Topic Archived