• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Most overexposed character in DW games?

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
4 months ago#11
Why is Zhao Yun winning? He's the poster boy so gets the cover art and CGI trailer spots but in the games he's usually mostly irrelevant lol

User Info: saberfreak84

saberfreak84
4 months ago#12
Guan Yu is pretty much the poster boy of overexposed, but I voted Liu Bei as representative of their whole faction. You know, because BENEVOLENCE!
let's make the world a better place! (BANG!) Done.

User Info: DragonLord150

DragonLord150
4 months ago#13
It is Zhou Yun and it is fact. Poster Boy means they are on everything! I am sick and tired of him being on everything! DW8XL was such nice cover...it had LU BU! It was not wrong since his WHAT-IF was EPIC!

The Flip side to this is Yukimura but unlike Zhou Yun he is not on ALMOST EVERY COVER. Yukimura is on the main series cases since that is Japan's Hero and then on every spin-off or XL it is someone else's turn. SW1 Yukimura and Kunoichi, SWXL Tadakatsu and Inahime, SW2 Yukimura in Japan and Fuuma in the west, SW2XL Toshiie, SW2E Oda, SW3 Yukimura and Kaihime, SW3XL Yukimura and Tadakatsu, SW3E Masamune and Okuni[still salty we did not get the game with my favorites on the COVER], SW4 Yukimura and Nobuyuki, SW4-II Naomasa, and SW4E A LOT OF PEOPLE. So yeah while DW Zhou Yun is mainly alone SW Yukimura shares the cover most of the time and other people are on the cover.
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon

User Info: eX Calmune

eX Calmune
4 months ago#14
In media for the games Zhao Yun, in the actual games Guan Yu.
FFRK RW: Forbidden Wisdom - DBof
DFFOO: Cloud NT Buster (Organics passive) 530396574

User Info: redroses_4life

redroses_4life
4 months ago#15
DragonLord150 posted...
It is Zhou Yun and it is fact. Poster Boy means they are on everything! I am sick and tired of him being on everything! DW8XL was such nice cover...it had LU BU! It was not wrong since his WHAT-IF was EPIC!

The Flip side to this is Yukimura but unlike Zhou Yun he is not on ALMOST EVERY COVER. Yukimura is on the main series cases since that is Japan's Hero and then on every spin-off or XL it is someone else's turn. SW1 Yukimura and Kunoichi, SWXL Tadakatsu and Inahime, SW2 Yukimura in Japan and Fuuma in the west, SW2XL Toshiie, SW2E Oda, SW3 Yukimura and Kaihime, SW3XL Yukimura and Tadakatsu, SW3E Masamune and Okuni[still salty we did not get the game with my favorites on the COVER], SW4 Yukimura and Nobuyuki, SW4-II Naomasa, and SW4E A LOT OF PEOPLE. So yeah while DW Zhou Yun is mainly alone SW Yukimura shares the cover most of the time and other people are on the cover.

No, Zhao Yu is the poster boy, not Zhou Yun.
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?

User Info: DragonLord150

DragonLord150
4 months ago#16
redroses_4life posted...
DragonLord150 posted...

No, Zhao Yu is the poster boy, not Zhou Yun.

WHOOPS! I meant Zhao Yu. Mentally tired. I must be mad at my boy, Zhou Yun! D=
Thank you for correcting me though. I made a huge opps and I now I have to figure out why I am mad at my OG MAIN. Probably still salty about his using a Pole. XD
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon

User Info: Deraj828

Deraj828
4 months ago#17
I love Zhao Yun, but I think he's way too exposed. My breaking point was seeing the opening video for this game, and realizing the ultimate hype-inducing concept they came up with was for us to watch Zhao Yun getting dressed. I guess from a marketing perspective I can't argue it, but as a fan I'd sure like a chance to get excited by some of the other 90 characters besides him, Xiahou Dun, and Lu Bu.

User Info: SuperDWFan

SuperDWFan
4 months ago#18
Cao Cao. Koei has been trying so hard to whitewash this villain in every game since DW6.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like.

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
4 months ago#19
Complaining about Cao Cao not being a villain means you should also complain about how Liu Bei and Sima Zhao are always portrayed as near perfect good boys despite doing dastardly deeds themselves.

User Info: AbsoluteDenial

AbsoluteDenial
4 months ago#20
When I first read the topic title, I thought it was referring to clothing... lol
"Clarity of thought before rashness of action."
- Shockwave
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Most overexposed character in DW games?
  • Topic Archived