• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Most overexposed character in DW games?

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
2 months ago#1
Which one? - Results (146 votes)
Zhao Yun
41.78% (61 votes)
Guan Yu
17.81% (26 votes)
Zhuge Liang
4.11% (6 votes)
Lu Bu
10.96% (16 votes)
Xiahou Dun
8.9% (13 votes)
Wang Yuanji
5.48% (8 votes)
Sima Zhao
0% (0 votes)
Liu Bei
6.16% (9 votes)
Cao Cao
4.11% (6 votes)
Other
0.68% (1 vote)
This poll is now closed.
It's clear that Koei got some bias with some characters and clearly overexposing them in the story and/or promotional materials, but which one got the most, maybe to the point of being irritating?

I feel like i've got the most major ones covered on the poll, but feel free to choose other if you think it's not them.

Yinping has been raising in popularity recently, but i don't remember her being exposed that much yet, as the only big thing she's gotten so far is just a deified form in WO4.
Sun Quan is one of the most major character in the story, but let's be real, he's treated like a third wheel compared to other leaders most of the time. It's clear that he only got his role because of the history/novel, and not because Koei care for him.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
2 months ago#2
Hard to say because I dont dislike any of the characters in that poll.
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116
(message deleted)

User Info: Hayato Nekketsu

Hayato Nekketsu
2 months ago#4
Zhao Yun has been consistently plastered everywhere ever since the original Sangoku Musou, but that isn't really irritating. Their constant hyping up of Guan Yu and now his family is though. Especially since Guan Yu hasn't really been 'that' fun to use in almost every game he's in.

User Info: redroses_4life

redroses_4life
2 months ago#5
CircusMonster posted...
Hard to say because I dont dislike any of the characters in that poll.

I don't think you read the poll, when was it a poll of who you dislike the most?
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?

User Info: kuroishironeko

kuroishironeko
2 months ago#6
Zhao Yun. That guy's friggin' everywhere. He was cool in WAS and had a sweet moveset there, though. Yinping's popularity is really soaring, so I sincerely hope she doesn't get hollowed out so much like Wang Yuanji.
Souma Ria will forever be my favourite girl

User Info: TongYoon

TongYoon
2 months ago#7
I'm tired of Zhao Yun.

Next game, we need a high crazy action intro for the game with PANG TONG!

Pang Tong playing chess, then everything explodes and they start running on walls with horses, while still playing chess and drinking tea.

User Info: sol_trigger

sol_trigger
2 months ago#8
clearly Zhuge liang, he doesn't shoot laser beams to slay enemies in the novel

User Info: qwertyMrJINX

qwertyMrJINX
2 months ago#9
I gotta be honest, I don't get Yuanji. I mean, I get her purpose in the story, and she's fine for that, but there was no reason for her to be so prominent in promotional and cross-over material. She's never been all that noteworthy, or even fun to play as.

The Shu guys I at least get from a cultural perspective, even if I don't like them myself. Yuanji's perplexing, though.
There ain't nothing to get, you just gotta have that shine

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
2 months ago#10
guan yu. everybody seems be slobbin his knob moreso than any other general, especially when he gets more kids every single iteration. and that's all on top of even the goddamn aliens taking notice of him.
You just lost the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Most overexposed character in DW games?
  • Topic Archived