When GoW or AC does it it's good but when DW does it...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. When GoW or AC does it it's good but when DW does it...

User Info: eX Calmune

eX Calmune
6 months ago#11
BhevHD posted...
TsunamiFox posted...
The removal of pirate stuff after Ass Creed IV was lacklustre. These are all bad changes

I must be one of the few that despises the f***ing sailing in those games. It was boring in AC3, and when it returned as a main feature in 4... Well, outside of Unity (which I actually really enjoyed while everyone else seems to hate it), I haven't bought an AC since.

The sailing was the only reason I liked 3 and 4 and I couldn't stand any of the other ones.
FFRK RW: Forbidden Wisdom - DBof
DFFOO: Cloud NT Buster (Organics passive) 530396574

User Info: Phadin

Phadin
6 months ago#12
First of all, long running series tend get more backlash when things change or are different. Assasin's Creed has had some bad reviews on some of the changes. Quite a few reviews and feedback I've heard about Unity, for example, have been negative.

Look at another long running series: Final Fantasy. It used to be that series could do no wrong. The last few entries however have been royally panned and sent through a meat grinder in terms of public opinion. They change things up regularly in that series, so changes are expected, but the last few entries have had a lot of negative feedback.

This kind of negative feedback to changes is not unique to DW. There are trolls, but some of it ends up being legitimate negative criticism because things are actually bad.

Now in my opinion. DW9 definately has some problems, but I like the overall change they've made towards the open world. It is clear from having played the game that the more they worked on it, the better they got at it. The later half of the game clearly benefited from the experience they developed making the first half of the game. I hope they continue with this and make a DW10 or SW5 in this style with the benefit of experience and feedback from the DW9. This one had it's problems, but I think the next one will improve on what they've done and make it a lot better.

User Info: aakaido

aakaido
6 months ago#13
Skode24 posted...
The biggest issue DW has (apart from its petulant fanbase) is it's telling same story 20 years in a row so it's not easy to keep people on board beyond a game or 2. Most stuck around as they enjoy the mash one button to win formula and Koei have taken to recreating that same stale formula across multiple IPs over the years to maximise profits to decent success.

DW is weird in many ways. Not many series breed petulant fanbases who think their opinion eclipses yours just because they've been playing since DW(insert any number here) and who inherintly resist change on such a routine and vocal basis which is weird as it's literally again the same story being retold and played the same way year after year.

All of this, but especially what's in bold. And lack of quality cutscenes during and after battles.

User Info: haseeby4

haseeby4
6 months ago#14
Thats cause GOW and AC origin changes were "good." The DW9 changes were awful :o.
PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140

User Info: QueenCia

QueenCia
6 months ago#15
Thank you for giving me an example of next level Delusion! Very informative topic.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
6 months ago#16
Because they did it well, Dynasty warriors didn't.

DW9 changed too much in one go and didn't succeed at any of them.

All of your delusional complaints come down to the simple fact that DW9 f***ed up pretty much everything, from stupidly going open world to follow a fad, making the combat shallow and boring, removing a s*** load of weapons and the voice work is on a tier of s*** I hadn't heard in a very long time.

All of those changes were actually done well in the other games you mentioned.

Keep on trolling though @Fountain

User Info: Koncreet95

Koncreet95
6 months ago#17
Dynasty Warriors isn't getting crap for being different. Like many people here have stated, it's getting crap because it changed, and it was bad. Practically everything in DW9 oozes ambition but it failed to execute it properly in nearly every category.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-uk5cOLVZHFLmim1YTSg <---not touched since March 2017, don't bother
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ajparish

User Info: BhevHD

BhevHD
6 months ago#18
KainFourteh posted...

i will never understand why people @ the tc

like have you people never made a topic that a got post in them

User Info: Fountain

Fountain
6 months ago#19
KainFourteh posted...

All of your delusional complaints come down to the simple fact that DW9 f***ed up pretty much everything, from stupidly going open world to follow a fad, making the combat shallow and boring, removing a s*** load of weapons and the voice work is on a tier of s*** I hadn't heard in a very long time.

Says the one attacking people for liking this game.

Also SW3 is a piece of s*** yet nobody seems to talk s*** about the game, so is DW7 yet the game had clones and s***ty gameplay but hey old game play so it gets a pass right?

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
6 months ago#20
Fountain posted...
KainFourteh posted...

Says the one attacking people for liking this game.

Also SW3 is a piece of s*** yet nobody seems to talk s*** about the game, so is DW7 yet the game had clones and s***ty gameplay but hey old game play so it gets a pass right?

Because it's a new game and fresh in people's minds and more likely to get s*** on as a result? SW3 while a better game anyway, isn't new and isn't as big as DW.

Oh, and I didn't attack anyone, calling you delusional is a statement of fact, not an attack.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. When GoW or AC does it it's good but when DW does it...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived