Warriors Orochi 4 has been announced!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Warriors Orochi 4 has been announced!

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
6 months ago#171
i hope they run with the idea of the old pagan religion gods fighting it out.
You just lost the game.

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
6 months ago#172
Fried posted...
Nhatalya posted...
Fried posted...
Too late, after the disaster that was DW9 I’ll be skipping this game.

But we know nothing of this game yet!

Doesn’t matter DW9 sucks so will this game.

I mean, you could wait and see gameplay before you hop on the pessimism train.
3DS FC: 0344-9288-2062, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Hearthstone (always Hearthstone)

User Info: Fried

Fried
6 months ago#173
TsunamiFox posted...
Fried posted...
Nhatalya posted...
Fried posted...

Or maybe Koei shouldn’t have spit on the fanbase and tell us to go f*** ourselves?

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
6 months ago#174
Hikari_Sword posted...
veryhappyman posted...
Then characters from mana khemia and other gust games.

Completely forgot that they were in Orochi. But if I had to pick...
https://i.imgur.com/vouXgRV.png

What game is that?
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Skode24

Skode24
6 months ago#175
Fried posted...
TsunamiFox posted...
Fried posted...
Nhatalya posted...
Fried posted...

Or maybe Koei shouldn’t have spit on the fanbase and tell us to go f*** ourselves?

When they act like you I wouldn't blame them if they did haha. Teasing aside whats got you my good sir? The farce that was All Stars? The now infamous DW9? Them constantly reselling us recycled assets? Console exclusively on certain games? Lack of dubs on games?

There's loads of reasons to pissed at Koei, reasons years old. Funny thing is people get pissed when they recycle s***, then get pissed when they do new s***, only to then to praise them for going back to recycling s***. Most of WO4 will be old movesets, old character models, old stages and old stuff resold as DLC. I say good on 'em but fans are daft if they call out BS only when it suits them.

User Info: Fried

Fried
6 months ago#176
Skode24 posted...
Fried posted...
TsunamiFox posted...
Fried posted...
Nhatalya posted...
Fried posted...

When they act like you I wouldn't blame them if they did haha. Teasing aside whats got you my good sir? The farce that was All Stars? The now infamous DW9? Them constantly reselling us recycled assets? Console exclusively on certain games? Lack of dubs on games?

There's loads of reasons to pissed at Koei, reasons years old. Funny thing is people get pissed when they recycle s***, then get pissed when they do new s***, only to then to praise them for going back to recycling s***. Most of WO4 will be old movesets, old character models, old stages and old stuff resold as DLC. I say good on 'em but fans are daft if they call out BS only when it suits them.

For making the disaster DW9 and not sticking with the old gameplay. Who cares about All Stars or English dubs

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
6 months ago#177
Does anyone recall reports prior to DW9's release which claimed that Koei is working on a program or another company to help them develop far more advanced combat ai but that they wouldn't use it in DW9 and are planning to use it for the game after DW9?

I always assumed that Samurai Warriors 5 would be the next game, but what if WO4 is the game that they're talking about? If so, who is that other company? (Namco comes to mind.)
If it's Namco then hell yeah especially if Team Ninja co-develops like how they did with Omega Blunder Force in Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors.

I don't really mind if DW9's battle system isn't in WO4 if it disrupts the combat flow, since it would clash with the gameplay styles of the other games. The only issue I see is that the Samurai Warriors characters have a direct advantage over classic style DW charge systems, because SW characters now use the Hyper combo system where you just repeatedly mash triangle and you'll dash across the stage & Shinobi Tate the crap out of everyone.

Why bother using anyone else when you're permanently running around & killing everything like a Gan Ning/Nobunaga Musou but it's a normal attack.
The DW9 battle system would actually help even the playing field against the SW4 cast because the DW9 system is precise enough to allow you to counter hit & knock a Samurai Warrior out of their Hyper Combo.

Then again in SW4, the only thing you needed to do to knock a Samurai Warrior out of hyper is to simply be a named general, LOL!
I don't really care what system they use, I just hope that they don't force the Samurai Warrior cast to power down to their SW3 selves if Koei chooses to go with the DW8 movesets. I don't mind if its SW4 vs DW8, but SW4 would have a YUUUGGE advantage over the DW cast.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com
(message deleted)

User Info: PersonaChen

PersonaChen
6 months ago#179
So. The combat system will be almost identical to wo3u I guess.
Old square triangle system with R1 as special. Air square and air triangle. I doubt the weapon gimmick from dw8 will be there tho. N they might remove hyper attack from sw4 (the triangle strings).
I think it'll be 5 man team instead of 3.
Story mode, free mode, dramatic mode, create stage mode, n gauntlet mode.
N I can't find joy in reviving orochi for the nth times. I hope it's a reboot or hundun or new evil villain trying to do something n now they need to go to hell to look for orochi's help. That way we might have the Chinese 10 gods of hell! Hahahah. Remember the tv series Judge Bao? He's one of the 10 god of hell.
ALSO. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: REDESIGN OROCHI EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS (OROCHI, X, NUWA, FUXI, TAIGONGWANG, DAJI, YOs***SUNE, BENKEI, SANZHANG, SUNWUKONG, DODOMEKI, GYUKI, ETC) but new characters from wo3/u don't need that tho (yinlong, shennong, human nezha, shuten doji, hundun, tamamo, kyubi, etc) I'm giving koei some slack there. BUT ALL OF THE OROCHI EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS SHOULD HAVE NEW MOVESETS (especially the one from wo1 n 2)

User Info: Lakhesis

Lakhesis
6 months ago#180
This is SUCH GOOD NEWS!!! I cannot wait to see more. My fondest Warriors wish was for another Orochi game!
Current FC: 2036 - 9349 - 6552
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Warriors Orochi 4 has been announced!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived