• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Warriors Orochi 4 has been announced!

User Info: Fried

Fried
8 months ago#151
Nhatalya posted...
Have some faith :(

Not when Koei just spit on their fanbase

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
8 months ago#152
DW6 and its engine were considered sucks by a lot of whiny fanbase when it came out, and then Koei gave us WO2 which was extremely praised as one of the best in PS2.

Could be the same with this game and DW9.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: Ace_Defective

Ace_Defective
8 months ago#153
Now that I think about it, I should've waited out before buying All-Stars or just skipped it. The characters I enjoyed playing there were mostly the DOA girls and the rest who would've been in Orochi anyway >.>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8kWgT9fduA <3
Resonance of Fate fan for life, dreaming of a sequel 'till death

User Info: Caniplaynow

Caniplaynow
8 months ago#154
Quite interested in this news of a new WO game. This game may prove the concern some fans have for future games' English dub going forward since the unfortunate voice acting strike and DW9's recasting. Only a short teaser right now but hell yeah this is great news. I loved playing the WO games until I stopped playing them because of time. Maybe Koei will do a DWG4 game too. That'd be fantastic news for me and other DWG fans. I can live without an English dub if it means it isn't cutting corners like DW9's dub did and its dialogue pacing. That tradeoff was just ugh for trying to enjoy gameplay in English. Which sucks, the dub used to be decent to my ears and now DW9's dialogue has voice lines that are not spoken, only displayed, and awkward voice pacing of voice lines too. That was silly and cheap-feeling, the older games had okay voice syncing in cutscenes and a cheesy but entertaining English dub. But at this point I expect subtitled only and maybe Chinese too (not likely, but still). Hoping this game is just what some fans need as more info comes out about it. Checking now for a WO4 game board.
Your average friendly neighborhood gamer.

User Info: Sektor88

Sektor88
8 months ago#155
Caniplaynow posted...
Quite interested in this news of a new WO game. This game may prove the concern some fans have for future games' English dub going forward since the unfortunate voice acting strike and DW9's recasting. Only a short teaser right now but hell yeah this is great news. I loved playing the WO games until I stopped playing them because of time.

Last I heard, the recasting was due to a union VA strike that was going on at the time. If that strike's been resolved, I'd be willing to bet that we'd get the original cast back pretty quickly. However, I don't have high hopes for WO4 getting an english dub since the vast majority of Musou titles that have been released in the US recently haven't been getting that treatment.

Also, I'd LOVE a new DWG entry.
A RUMBLING HEAD!? How could that NOT be fun?
-Marcdigby123[on the REZ Board]

User Info: Gatchan2

Gatchan2
8 months ago#156
hizelshustat99 posted...
And.. if Capcom and Koei-Tecmo hadn't been on "bad blood", maybe Ryu from Breath of Fire could be here.

fixed
"Call of Duty Players aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers."
--- Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin

User Info: AvantgardeAClue

AvantgardeAClue
8 months ago#157
Zazabar posted...
Still no English, no buy for me.

Yep, I'm one of those people.

If it's anything like the DW9 dub it probably would be better if they didn't bother tbh
Sometimes I say things and I'm not voice acting.

User Info: Caniplaynow

Caniplaynow
8 months ago#158
Sektor88 posted...

Last I heard, the recasting was due to a union VA strike that was going on at the time. If that strike's been resolved, I'd be willing to bet that we'd get the original cast back pretty quickly. However, I don't have high hopes for WO4 getting an english dub since the vast majority of Musou titles that have been released in the US recently haven't been getting that treatment.

Also, I'd LOVE a new DWG entry.

Yeah the likelihood to get an English dub for especially an Orochi game is not high with so many characters to voice. I miss it since WO3.

I know right? DWG:Reborn was like 3.5 in content additions but had some trade-offs with it. (Like following the movies instead of the T.V. shows for official mode) If the DWG series goes to PS4 this will complete future KOEI titles for me for the time being. I got a backlog of games to play and beat. I'd love to see what Koei does for a 4th main entry in the spin-off series and how it adapts more recent shows like IBO and to see Reborn's suits and new ones on the PS4.
Your average friendly neighborhood gamer.

User Info: rollout

rollout
8 months ago#159
I'm guessing fall or possibly summer release. They tend to work really fast on these games. Since they'll be reusing DW8 and SW4 designs and most likely skip English dubbing, development time should be shorter. Story mode and Free Mode only.

WO3 came out in 2012. 6 years is a hell of a long time. I do hope they don't disappoint.

WO4U will probably be announced for PS5.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
8 months ago#160
"For PS5"

Let's not exaggerate now
You shall pay for your villainy!
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Warriors Orochi 4 has been announced!
  • Topic Archived