So, how bad is it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. So, how bad is it?

User Info: 7656198

1 week ago#1
I've seen people say it's the worst DW since 6. My copy is on the way and I'm sorta, but now I'm worried its just a terrible game. Anyone have a nice pro/con list?

Ftr, I don't mind clones or barren maps. I've never used enough characters in DW to mind clones and maps have always been mostly barren in terms of interesting things to see or going on.

I'm more concerned about combat, depth, framerates, etc.
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 week ago#2
The frame rate is terrible but when the game works it's hit or miss you might like it you might not. I personally like the game

User Info: GamerBhoy89

GamerBhoy89
1 week ago#3
My thoughts exactly Raiden. Im holding off continuing the game until the performance issues are patched. Currently redownloading DW8XLCE.

User Info: Lucky 13

Lucky 13
1 week ago#4
If you're a fan of the series set your expectations low and i'm sure you'll be fine. Even though there's a bunch of technical issues, the way it carries itself is very much Dynasty Warriors.

User Info: setsword

setsword
1 week ago#5
Hold off until it's in the 20$ bin or koei figures their s*** out.

User Info: Ultimarok

Ultimarok
1 week ago#6
GamerBhoy89 posted...
My thoughts exactly Raiden. Im holding off continuing the game until the performance issues are patched. Currently redownloading DW8XLCE.

I always wondered if Dynasty Warriors 8 was worth getting. Never played it yet, was on the fence about it.

Although if I got it, then it would be on PC unless it's a bad port and runs better on console or the console version has something that the PC version doesn't.
"So they summon a rainstorm with their magic... WHAT OF IT?! I, too, shall join the battle!" -Huangfu Song (Dynasty Warriors 4)

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 week ago#7
Ultimarok posted...
GamerBhoy89 posted...

I always wondered if Dynasty Warriors 8 was worth getting. Never played it yet, was on the fence about it.

Although if I got it, then it would be on PC unless it's a bad port and runs better on console or the console version has something that the PC version doesn't.

I have DW8XLCE and play on my laptop and it runs fine, better than the PS4 version imo. The only thing missing are control prompts and X/A O/B buttons are switched.

User Info: VanDam

VanDam
1 week ago#8
I've read 4 reviews in a row saying they are on the right path with the changes, it just doesn't work yet. It sounds more and more like the next game is going to be the one fans need to get excited about. I'm still going to try this bad boy out, but my expectations have been severely dampened.

Which is unfortunate because I was very excited about this game. Hopefully I'll still enjoy it. I'm not super hard to please.
My power is discombobulatingly devastating, I could feel his facial tissue collapse under my force. Its ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

User Info: Ultimarok

Ultimarok
1 week ago#9
Raiden243 posted...
Ultimarok posted...
GamerBhoy89 posted...

I have DW8XLCE and play on my laptop and it runs fine, better than the PS4 version imo. The only thing missing are control prompts and X/A O/B buttons are switched.

What about missing DLC? I think I recall a few steam reviews mentioning the PC version as not being totally complete as it was missing some DLCs or something.
"So they summon a rainstorm with their magic... WHAT OF IT?! I, too, shall join the battle!" -Huangfu Song (Dynasty Warriors 4)

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
1 week ago#10
It's "complete" in that it has DW8 and DW8XL. DLCs aren't included, but they're not in the console version either.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. So, how bad is it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived