• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Don't know about this...

User Info: Fried

Fried
9 months ago#1
Game looks good but clones.

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
9 months ago#2
Unique characters don’t mean s*** if the game sucks.

A game can have 250 characters all unique but if the gameplay sucks then it doesn’t matter.

User Info: D_Spear

D_Spear
9 months ago#3
I'm getting it but I'm not expecting much from it. Tomorrow I'm also getting Samurai Warriors 4 for the first time and I'm way more stoked for that.
I pee in the shower.

User Info: HanbeiKliesen

HanbeiKliesen
9 months ago#4
Raiden243 posted...
Unqiue characters don’t mean s*** if the game sucks.

I honestly agree. Something people fail to remember is that 8 is the only game to be clone free.

Personally, gameplay seems to be awesome so I'm not as bothered by the clones as I probably would have.
Psn: applefudge1
Bathrobes are racist - Xenosaga123

User Info: Death_Whisper

Death_Whisper
9 months ago#5
Fried posted...

Ask yourself this: Are you REALLY going to play every single character of the 90 character roster? If so, extensively enough to care?

I'm not and i don't, which is why clones don't bother me.

Also i remember all the clones in the older games, guess i'm used to it.

User Info: Fried

Fried
9 months ago#6
HanbeiKliesen posted...
Raiden243 posted...

I honestly agree. Something people fail to remember is that 8 is the only game to be clone free.

Personally, gameplay seems to be awesome so I'm not as bothered by the clones as I probably would have.

Hyrule Warriors has no clones and is considered the best game in the franchise.

User Info: VergilsNotBroke

VergilsNotBroke
9 months ago#7
Fried posted...
HanbeiKliesen posted...
Raiden243 posted...

Hyrule Warriors has no clones and is considered the best game in the franchise.

Only considered that by the same mouth-breathers that claim Breath of the Wild is the best game ever.

Hyrule Warriors was baby's first Hack and Slash. Not as good as Samurai Warriors 2, nor Dynasty Warriors 4, nor Sengoku Basara 3. Hell, it's barely better than Bleach: Soul Resurecction and that game was a pile of piss (guilty pleasure for me, though).
PSN tayuyanorthgate CFN PsychoEsdeath
SFV: Juri. MvCI: Marvel/Gamora BBCF Nine/Bullet KoF XIV: Luong/Vanessa/King KI: Mira Official Social Justice Mage

User Info: Tyko

Tyko
9 months ago#8
Raiden243 posted...

A game can have 250 characters all unique but if the gameplay sucks then it doesn’t matter.

And if we have clones and s*** gameplay, we have bingo.

User Info: FixedMan

FixedMan
9 months ago#9
Tyko posted...
Raiden243 posted...

And if we have clones and s*** gameplay, we have bingo.

This. Dynasty Warriors 9 has clones and the gameplay is garbage, if KT listened to there fans they would have expanded upon DW8 and actually made an amazing game.

User Info: Arkdragoon

Arkdragoon
9 months ago#10
Death_Whisper posted...
Fried posted...

Ask yourself this: Are you REALLY going to play every single character of the 90 character roster? If so, extensively enough to care?

I'm not and i don't, which is why clones don't bother me.

Also i remember all the clones in the older games, guess i'm used to it.

Your first point doesn't really excuse the usage of clones. I'd rather have unique weapons and not use them, than have the majority of the cast have variety only through musou attacks.

Second, even though there were clones in older games, they had significant differences in their movesets, stats, and overall feel. For instance, when playing DW3; Liu Bei and Sun Quan both shared the noble sword moveset but had variations in their attack animations, movesets, etc. You literally couldn't play both characters the same way despite them being clones.

This game, however, has no such quality.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 9
  3. Don't know about this...
  • Topic Archived