• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. American cartoons that are actually animated in America

User Info: Soradawn

Soradawn
2 weeks ago#1
I expect this to be a topic with few responses but

Outside of Disney/Pixar and maybe DreamWorks, do these still even exist? It seems that most cartoons are animated in South Korea. Hell, shows animated with Toon Boom or Flash are outsourced to Canada of all places.

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
2 weeks ago#2
Power House animation. They are the people behind the Castlevania cartoon. They are based in Texas. I think they do most of the work themselves.

Rooster Teeth as well. The people behing RWBY. They are also in Texas.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

Soradawn
2 weeks ago#3
creativerealms posted...
Power House animation. They are the people behind the Castlevania cartoon. They are based in Texas. I think they do most of the work themselves.

Rooster Teeth as well. The people behing RWBY. They are also in Texas.

Powerhouse outsources to Korean studios actually

User Info: StewieGriffin23

StewieGriffin23
2 weeks ago#4
  • South Park
  • Hanna-Barbera’s earlier work (e.g. The Flintstones, Yogi Bear)
  • Practically everything from the Golden Age (Looney Tunes, the Tom and Jerry shorts not directed by Gene Deitch, etc)
  • Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends
  • Archer
  • Aqua Teen Hunger Force
  • Superjail
Official Wooloo Shepherd of the Pokemon Sword Boards
https://kallofox345.deviantart.com ; Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-3759-9672

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
2 weeks ago#5
Soradawn posted...
Powerhouse outsources to Korean studios actually
Ah.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
2 weeks ago#6
Not everything from Disney is animated in America. Lots of cartoons have several studios animating from other places, like France. Tale Spin is one of them. Part of A Goofy Movie was animated in France too, although that's not a TV show.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Soradawn
2 weeks ago#7
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Not everything from Disney is animated in America. Lots of cartoons have several studios animating from other places, like France. Tale Spin is one of them. Part of A Goofy Movie was animated in France too, although that's not a TV show.

I was mainly speaking of stuff produced by Disney's main animation studio, not the TV animation division or the direct-to-DVD division. I realize even they outsourced some work overseas though.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
2 weeks ago#8
Soradawn posted...
I was mainly speaking of stuff produced by Disney's main animation studio, not the TV animation division or the direct-to-DVD division. I realize even they outsourced some work overseas though.

Sorry. You said 'cartoons' so I just assumed you meant Disney TV shows. My mistake. While movies are still cartoons, I don't associate the term with animated movies.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. American cartoons that are actually animated in America
  • Post New Message