• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Just got HBO Max - Any recommendations on all the DC animated movies?

User Info: LordScimitar

LordScimitar
1 month ago#1
There's just so many and I don't even know where to begin. Has anyone made any sort of timeline for them? Or any sort of recommended order or just...anything at all? I think I'm going to have to have a spreadsheet keeping track of which ones I've seen there's so many.

Thanks!

User Info: name_unknown

name_unknown
1 month ago#2
Its best to first check what's being pulled off end of each month.

https://play.hbomax.com/page/urn:hbo:page:last-chance

These four are supposed to leave 3/31 Batman Subzero, JL vs Fatal Five, Superman vs Elite, and Teen Titan Tokyo.

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
1 month ago#3
Absolutely watch New Fronteir.
Currently playing: Bravely Default II (Switch)
#SluggoIsLit

User Info: LordScimitar

LordScimitar
1 month ago#4
name_unknown posted...
Its best to first check what's being pulled off end of each month.

https://play.hbomax.com/page/urn:hbo:page:last-chance

These four are supposed to leave 3/31 Batman Subzero, JL vs Fatal Five, Superman vs Elite, and Teen Titan Tokyo.

Very good idea! Those will be my first ones then.

User Info: FortuneCookie

FortuneCookie
1 month ago#5
Gotham by Gaslight is pretty good.

It's Batman and Catwoman on the trail of Jack the Ripper.

User Info: Kenji_Kotaro

Kenji_Kotaro
1 month ago#6
If it has “Batman” in the title: Watch.

Also, Justice League: Gods and Monsters.
I'm an official member of the Groucho Marxist Party! If that makes you think I'm a communist then Google our founder: Groucho Marx!
Vote Rufus T Firefly 2024!

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#7
Why are they removing movies?
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

User Info: Kia123Amini

Kia123Amini
1 month ago#8
Batman: Under the Red Hood is the best animated movie on there, followed closely by Mask of the Phantasm. I’d recommend starting with either one of those two. They’re really in a league of their own.

Beyond that, The Dark Knight Returns pt1 and 2, Batman: Year 1, Justice League Doom, The Flashpoint Paradox, and Crisis on Two Earths are also great. Gods and Monsters and Superman vs. the Elite are also good.

Of you wanna go in for the long haul, you can watch the modern DC Animated Film Universe. The core films aren’t all that great, but the final film in the series, Apocalypse War, is amazing. If you’re gonna go that route, the only movies you really need to see are The Flashpoint Paradox, JL: War, Son of Batman, Reign of the Supermen (maybe Death of Superman?), Justice League Dark, and, finally, JLD: Apocalypse War.
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, July 1942-May 2010. I hope you enjoyed your unparalleled musicianship while it lasted (all 67 years, dude). \m/

User Info: MMTrigger

MMTrigger
1 month ago#9
creativerealms posted...
Why are they removing movies?
I'm guessing a lack of server space.
"Nothing is real if you don't believe in who you are!"- Rocky Balboa
http://mmtrigger.deviantart.com/

User Info: Kia123Amini

Kia123Amini
1 month ago#10
To add to my post, another top tier movie is Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, July 1942-May 2010. I hope you enjoyed your unparalleled musicianship while it lasted (all 67 years, dude). \m/
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Just got HBO Max - Any recommendations on all the DC animated movies?
  • Topic Archived