• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Which of the DC animated movies are worth watching?

User Info: TomatoDragon

TomatoDragon
1 month ago#1
There are a ton on HBO max and I’m kinda in the mood to watch some of them.

It’s been such a long time since I watched any of the older ones that I barely remember them.

User Info: Lupin the 4th

Lupin the 4th
1 month ago#2
There's a few that I can recommend for sure: Batman Beyond Return of the Joker, Mask of the Phantasm, and Under the Red Hood for sure. There's more than that, but I can personally confirm on those three.
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
3DS FC: 2793 0791 3739 PSN: Arsene_Lupin_IV

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
1 month ago#3
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Justice League: Doom
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Justice League vs The Fatal Five

I've heard good things about Assault on Arkham, All-Star Superman, Soul of the Dragon, Gods and Monsters, Crisis on Two Earths, and Gotham by Gaslight but I haven't seen them.

Aside from Flashpoint Paradox, I wasn't a fan of the ones I saw that were part of the shared universe they tried to do. Lots of people did like Death of Superman so you should probably give it a look.
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, Far Cry 4
Games beaten this year: 5

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#4
Superman vs The Elite and Superman Man of Tomorrow are both very good.

Also for something different Batman Gotham by Gaslight and Superman Red sun are good.

The Batman vs Dracula is surprisingly good.

Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
1 month ago#5
I also forgot to mention The Lego Batman Movie if you want a good comedy.
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, Far Cry 4
Games beaten this year: 5

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 month ago#6
batman soul of the dragon is amazing

and its a reare example of a DC work not wanking batgod
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet
1 month ago#7
Gotham by Gaslight is one of the rare examples where they improve over the original comic.

Justice League: Gods and Monsters is pretty nice. I recommend watching the shorts that go with it too. A shame they didn't get to expand on that universe like they planned to.

If you liked Batman: The Brave and the Bold, the Scooby-Doo crossover is pretty nice. Surprising, too, since it came out 10 years after that show's debut.
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!
All the original DCAU ones are most definitely worth watching IMO. Avoid Brainiac Attacks though, it's animated in the same style as Superman: TAS but I don't think it's part of DCAU and it honestly has no right to be at any rate as it's a serious stinker that should never have been greenlit to begin with.

For the more modern ones, Under The Red Hood is IMO the best of the bunch by far (surpassing the original comic story of the same name), followed by the 2-part The Dark Knight Returns.

Also, I might be in the minority here, but I personally really enjoyed The Batman vs. Dracula.

User Info: DSkillz

DSkillz
1 month ago#9
Lord of Nightmares posted...
and it honestly has no right to be at any rate as it's a serious stinker that should never have been greenlit to begin with.
Oh, I don't know about that myself; personally, once I realized that Brainiac Attacks was meant to be more of a tribute to the Christopher Reeves films than the DCAU, I didn't think it was that bad at all. In fact, I think being more of a Reeves-like Superman film actually improved Tim Daly's take on Clark Kent.
Forget about the future; I'm burying you in the past! -- Optimus Primal
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Which of the DC animated movies are worth watching?
  • Topic Archived