• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Has Batman Beyond Return of the Joker in it's edited form...

User Info: Antiyonder

Antiyonder
1 month ago#1
Ever been distributed since after early 2000s?

Just curious cause even before watching it on HBO Max I wasn't sure if they just quietly defaulted to the Uncut Version being the main version. Has it ever aired on TV unedited?

User Info: MegaDTL3012

MegaDTL3012
1 month ago#2
With Joker getting shot? Yeah, I saw that version, here in the UK.
My Private Board
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1122-degeneratex
(message deleted)

User Info: DPman88

DPman88
1 month ago#4
MegaDTL3012 posted...
With Joker getting shot? Yeah, I saw that version, here in the UK.
No that's the UNedited version. He's talking about the edited one where the joker electrocutes himself off-screen.
THE WIND FISH IN NAME ONLY, FOR IT IS NEITHER.

User Info: thoul

thoul
1 month ago#5
Googling tells me there was a DVD release in the late 2000s, part of a combo pack with that lousy Batwoman movie. And they may have posted it on Youtube at one point, but I can't find it right now. So technically yes, they've distributed it.

User Info: Jangobadass

Jangobadass
1 month ago#6
I was able to record on DVR where it was under the alias "Batman of the Future: RtJ"...

Also, something I've always found amusing...they edited the scene of two hookers into a scene with a man and a woman and I STILL thought the woman was a hooker. 🤣

User Info: MegaDTL3012

MegaDTL3012
1 month ago#7
DPman88 posted...
No that's the UNedited version. He's talking about the edited one where the joker electrocutes himself off-screen.
Ahh, right. Gotcha!!
My Private Board
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1122-degeneratex

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
1 month ago#8
The edited version was arguably more disturbing funnily enough.
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
Games beaten this year: 4

User Info: Aganar

Aganar
1 month ago#9
I think I've got a rip of it somewhere.

I also remember the DVD being released in the early aughts. I was fairly pissed at the time, because the edited version was in a regular case while the unedited "director's cut" was in one of those crappy snap-cases.
http://www.last.fm/user/Aganar

User Info: Raiu

Raiu
1 month ago#10
thegreatwumbo posted...
The edited version was arguably more disturbing funnily enough.

That was their policy with the Batman series. If S&P had an issue with something bad happening on-screen to one of the characters, they animated a new scene that was even more horrific but off-screen (which leaves even more to the imagination).
-Raiutaryuu-
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Has Batman Beyond Return of the Joker in it's edited form...
  • Topic Archived