• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Animated movies/TV shows that never got the video games they deserved?

User Info: _____Cait

_____Cait
1 month ago#31
Avatar really needed a good game

i think we also deserve a good steven universe game
ORAS secret base: http://imgur.com/V9nAVrd
3DS friend code: 0173-1465-1236

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
1 month ago#32
_____Cait posted...
i think we also deserve a good steven universe game

I played “Attack the Light” on my tablet and found it pretty fun, had a great battle system.

I guess there’s two sequels on console that actually play kind of like Paper Mario games now, I’ve been meaning to check them out.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. Official Geno of the Smash Switch board.
Hades for GOTY 2020

User Info: SaviorGabriel

SaviorGabriel
1 month ago#33
FortuneCookie posted...

I'd forgotten about that. In the show, the Gummis use jumping abilities to defeat ogres. That could have translated smoothly into a video game. Bonkers and Marsupilami received video games, but not the Gummi Bears.

Yeah, that makes the lack of a Gummi Bears game all the more upsetting.

DPman88 posted...

Come to think of it, bouncing was your main form of attack in the DuckTales game on NES...

Anyway, I think with all the lore and characters we get in Gummi Bears, there’s enough material to make a decent RPG. Like, something along the lines of Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

Indeed. The show lends itself perfectly to video game format. They could've made it anything they wanted.
\ | \ | TO BE CONTINUED =>

User Info: ju_mu

ju_mu
1 month ago#34
I think the reason why gummi bears didn't get a game was because the show was about to end when the deal with capcom was struck and capcom wanted to focus on shows that are new rather then ones that are about to go into endless reruns(case in point the darkwing duck game used concepts that were meant for double o ducks and scrapped before it got retooled to darkwing duck). Licensed games are notoriously rushed and dispite how good most of the disney afternoon games were they were no exception.
Not changing my signature until call of duty penguin warfare or a cod game about a penguin uprising is released.

User Info: FortuneCookie

FortuneCookie
1 month ago#35
ju_mu posted...
I think the reason why gummi bears didn't get a game was because the show was about to end when the deal with capcom was struck and capcom wanted to focus on shows that are new rather then ones that are about to go into endless reruns(case in point the darkwing duck game used concepts that were meant for double o ducks and scrapped before it got retooled to darkwing duck). Licensed games are notoriously rushed and dispite how good most of the disney afternoon games were they were no exception.

Darwking was originally going to be called Double 0 Ducks? I knew the show had 007 references, but I didn't know they were going to go that far with it.

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
1 month ago#36
FortuneCookie posted...
I'd forgotten about that. In the show, the Gummis use jumping abilities to defeat ogres. That could have translated smoothly into a video game. Bonkers and Marsupilami received video games, but not the Gummi Bears.

It'd be wicked beating up Ogres as Grammi! Old bag could whip some ass.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: SaviorGabriel

SaviorGabriel
1 month ago#37
ju_mu posted...

That'd make more sense then. I forget just how old Gummi Bears actually is, it's held up that well.
\ | \ | TO BE CONTINUED =>

User Info: GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet
1 month ago#38
GamerSlyRatchet posted...
Green Lantern: TAS almost got a game, but it never came out. All they really said is that the Controllers were supposed to be the villains. I don't know what kind of gameplay you could do with that.

Nevermind, apparently it was supposed to be an MMORPG, which is not what I would've guessed at all.
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!

User Info: ju_mu

ju_mu
1 month ago#39
I really dont know why they would need it to be an mmo when dcu online was already a thing and very sucessful(and had tons of green lantern content already). Its kind of a waste of resoruces for something that could have easily been a huge update patch for dcuo.
Not changing my signature until call of duty penguin warfare or a cod game about a penguin uprising is released.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Animated movies/TV shows that never got the video games they deserved?
  • Topic Archived