• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Animated movies/TV shows that never got the video games they deserved?

User Info: FortuneCookie

FortuneCookie
1 month ago#1
In the 90s, Disney was turning many of their properties into video games. The Jungle Book and Pinocchio received video game adaptations, but Robin Hood was strangely absent.

We're talking about a character who canonically runs, jumps, and shoots arrows. The film itself has divisions among enemies in which the weasels are the easy guards, the rhinos are the strong guards, and the alligator with sword and shield is even tougher. The American football scene, in which Madam Cluck runs through a bunch of rhino guards, flat out looks like a mode seven level in a Super Nintendo game.

It would've been the perfect IP for Disney to have turned into a game.

FortuneCookie
1 month ago#2
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was another one.

It received a game on Intellivision, but the series was already in decline on the NES era rolled around. It received a video game recently which seems to capture the spirit of the show. So I guess that one is better late than never.

And I don't think Thundercats has had a good video game of any kind for any of their adaptations. The closest thing is Lost Eye of Thundera, a generic hack 'n' slash game for British home computers.

User Info: DPman88

DPman88
1 month ago#3
I think it would have been neat if My Life as a Teenage Robot got a video game. She has so many modes for her to change into, weapons out the wazoo, a ton of enemies to fight, it could have been really awesome.
THE WIND FISH IN NAME ONLY, FOR IT IS NEITHER.

User Info: Phantom_Nook

Phantom_Nook
1 month ago#4
Wreck-It Ralph is a movie about video games, but it only got the usual movie game tie-in.
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.2

User Info: wrestlerman

wrestlerman
1 month ago#5
Last Airbender deserves a great video game but I would never expect to get anything more than what was actually made.
I have had this sig. since October 29th, 2004

FortuneCookie
1 month ago#6
With Nickelodeon announcing a continuation of the series, including an animated movie, it's likely to get a video game in the future. As to the quality of that game, I cannot speak.

User Info: wrestlerman

wrestlerman
1 month ago#7
FortuneCookie posted...
With Nickelodeon announcing a continuation of the series, including an animated movie, it's likely to get a video game in the future. As to the quality of that game, I cannot speak.
True. Hopefully the new stuff picks up enough momentum to warrant a real budget being put into it if it does happen.

I’m just happy to see the series back alive (apart from comics).
I have had this sig. since October 29th, 2004

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
1 month ago#8
Gravity Falls deserved a Lucasarts-style point and click adventure game.

Instead we got a super generic platformer on 3DS
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. Official Geno of the Smash Switch board.
Hades for GOTY 2020

User Info: ju_mu

ju_mu
1 month ago#9
Its baffling why they never made a my little pony:fim game during the height of brony mania. G3 mlp got a ds game at least but the gen that bumped the franchise from second tier into the upper escelon only a few shows like spongebob or dragonball occupy couldn't even get a s***ty shovelware 3ds title. Wasted oppertunity there.
Not changing my signature until call of duty penguin warfare or a cod game about a penguin uprising is released.

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
1 month ago#10
ju_mu posted...
Its baffling why they never made a my little pony:fim game during the height of brony mania. G3 mlp got a ds game at least but the gen that bumped the franchise from second tier into the upper escelon only a few shows like spongebob or dragonball occupy couldn't even get a s***ty shovelware 3ds title. Wasted oppertunity there.

Wasn’t there a fighting fangame that got C&D’d by Hasbro and they had to rebrand it ? Would’ve been great to see the original vision for it.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. Official Geno of the Smash Switch board.
Hades for GOTY 2020
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Animated movies/TV shows that never got the video games they deserved?
  • Topic Archived