• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Disenchantment Season 2 (The real S2, not S1 part 2)

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 month ago#1
Yeah, it's kinda weird with the large gaps, but Season 1 was 20 eps, with 2 parts.
And now we're on part 3, a.k.a. Season 2

Anyways, happy to see it back. I thought they really picked it up last season, and that cliffhanger.
The difference a letter makes:
"i'm with tc about this" - "watashi mo onani desu"

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
1 month ago#2
Liking it, not really caring WHAT people think.

Critics, Genuine and Psuedo alike can f*** off.

It's by no means perfect but I'm 6 eps deep and enjoying it.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#3
After the first two episodes the shows biggest problem still remains. The pacing. The episodes are bloated with unneeded scenes. Netflix and other streaming services give creators and directors more freedom and allow them to make episodes longer and not tied to a 22 minute or 44 minute length like tv episodes. And yet with Disenchantment that leads to the show dragging on. The episodes range between 22 and 35 minutes but I can't help but think that if the show trimmed the fat and limited episode length that the show would be better. It would still have other problems but that would eliminate unneeded scenes that break from the comedy.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

desuno-to
1 month ago#4
Hardcore_Adult posted...
Liking it, not really caring WHAT people think.
Critics, Genuine and Psuedo alike can f*** off.
It's by no means perfect but I'm 6 eps deep and enjoying it.
Same here. I haven't even read any reviews, all I know is that when I start watching a season, I'm already several eps in without knowing it because I can't help but binge it. They really know how to end each ep in a way that makes you want more.

creativerealms posted...
After the first two episodes the shows biggest problem still remains. The pacing.
I can't say I felt that there was excess padding. Even the establishing shots have some easter eggs or some text that I find myself pausing to read. But that might just be me,

One thing that is consistent throughout the seasons is the central theme that you don't know who is good/bad, and that distinction is always changing.

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
1 month ago#5
creativerealms posted...
After the first two episodes the shows biggest problem still remains. The pacing. The episodes are bloated with unneeded scenes.

Disenchantment just meanders too much. It doesn't know what lane it wants to be in. I happen watch it because I have netflix, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't bothered to watch it. It feels like an idea is there that could have worked, but it's buried under too much filler to be compelling. I had hoped they'd worked out the kinks after the first season seemed like it was zeroing in on what the show wanted to be as last couple episodes were decent, but then it seems go through breaking up the band and reassembling it each season. This a terrible choice since neither Luci or Elfo feel terribly needed for the plot to advance. Bean's sidekicks just kinda exist for the most part. This show feels like they needed few more drafts to get to the guts of what they wanted the show to be really hit it out of the park. My friend and I are both watching it to autopsy the corpse, not because it's actually good.
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#6
I will say that I find the steampunk setting to be far more entertaining then the fantasy setting and which the whole show used that theme.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
1 month ago#7
Completed it, mate!
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

desuno-to
1 month ago#8
Down to the last 2 for me. I think I'll save it for the weekend; it's going to be a while before S2 Part 2 comes out...

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
1 month ago#9
creativerealms posted...
I will say that I find the steampunk setting to be far more entertaining then the fantasy setting and which the whole show used that theme.

yeah I feel like they could just made a steampunk version of futurama and called it a day. The show feels like it wants focus on this place more when it's there.
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice

User Info: _____Cait

_____Cait
1 month ago#10
I feel like the show has established its universe pretty well, and has some fun lore and a good cast. It took a long time for it to come together, but it did.

i do agree though, the pacing is off. Some scenes just dont need to be there, like Elfo and Luci going into the torture chamber to find a head, and Elfo pranking Luci. It added nothing and didnt go anywhere.

However, the show is definitely good now. It has found its groove, and i feel it stands against Simpsons and Futurama now. Not as good as Peak Simpsons, but better than modern Simpsons.
ORAS secret base: http://imgur.com/V9nAVrd
3DS friend code: 0173-1465-1236
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Disenchantment Season 2 (The real S2, not S1 part 2)
  • Post New Message