• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Hilda > Carmen Sandiego >>>>>>>> Disenchantment

User Info: DravenRainrix

DravenRainrix
1 month ago#1
Of the three Netflix toons I've watched lately I have to say Hilda is amazing, Carmen Sandiego is pretty good, Disenchantment is still pretty dull and not funny.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
Diddly do diddly do diddly do...
(message deleted)

User Info: StewieGriffin23

StewieGriffin23
1 month ago#3
Disenchantment is pretty good. It simply fails to live up to the standards its predecessors set.
CURRENTLY PLAYING: Fallout 3, TES V: Skyrim, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, Terraria, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fallout New Vegas, The Sims 4, Minecraft.

User Info: ju_mu

ju_mu
1 month ago#4
Honestly disenchantment feels like it focuses more on worldbuilding and story arcs more then it does on humor which is a huge departure for matt groening as its his first attempt at a more serialized show. The closest i can compare it to is the futurama season that was just 4 dtv movies(that later got cut up into 4 episode chunks for tv) which honestly felt kind of bland compared to the original run or even the first comedy central season. Though i will say disenchantment handles serialization far better then the futurama dtv films if you look at those as 4 episode story arcs.
Not changing my signature until call of duty penguin warfare or a cod game about a penguin uprising is released.

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
1 month ago#5
ju_mu posted...
Honestly disenchantment feels like it focuses more on worldbuilding and story arcs more then it does on humor which is a huge departure for matt groening as its his first attempt at a more serialized show. The closest i can compare it to is the futurama season that was just 4 dtv movies(that later got cut up into 4 episode chunks for tv) which honestly felt kind of bland compared to the original run or even the first comedy central season. Though i will say disenchantment handles serialization far better then the futurama dtv films if you look at those as 4 episode story arcs.
I think that’s it, I think everyone was expecting something like The Simpson’s or Futurama where it’s a joke every thirty seconds, but it really feels like they’re doing something completely different here.
Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch)
#SluggoIsLit

User Info: GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet
1 month ago#6
Hilda is great, Carmen is pretty good. Disenchantment bums me out because there's so many good cartoons with much better serialization that got cut short, while that show continues to squander the multiple seasons it got right out the gate.
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 month ago#7
i could not get into hilda i see the charm but i just could not get into it

loved carmen ending was a bit rushed but still great show

zero interest in disenchantment
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
1 month ago#8
Disenchantment just meanders too much. It doesn't know what lane it wants to be in. I happen watch it because I have netflix, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't bothered to watch it.
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice

User Info: DravenRainrix

DravenRainrix
1 month ago#9
Lastjustice posted...
Disenchantment just meanders too much. It doesn't know what lane it wants to be in.

It's trying to be in too many lanes at once I think. It's not funny enough for a comedy, it's not interesting or intriguing enough to be serialised mystery type drama etc. They've got 10 episodes left, I hope the next 10 knock it out of the park, but I can't see it.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
Diddly do diddly do diddly do...

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
1 month ago#10
DravenRainrix posted...
It's trying to be in too many lanes at once I think. It's not funny enough for a comedy, it's not interesting or intriguing enough to be serialised mystery type drama etc. They've got 10 episodes left, I hope the next 10 knock it out of the park, but I can't see it.

It feels like an idea is there that could have worked, but it's buried under too much filler to be compelling. I had hoped they'd worked out the kinks after the first season seemed like it was zeroing in on what the show wanted to be as last couple episodes were decent, but then it seems go through breaking up the band and reassembling it each season. This a terrible choice since neither Luci or Elfo feel terribly needed for the plot to advance. Bean's sidekicks just kinda exist for the most part. This show feels like they needed few more drafts to get to the guts of what they wanted the show to be really hit it out of the park. My friend and I are both watching it to autopsy the corpse, not because it's actually good.
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Hilda > Carmen Sandiego >>>>>>>> Disenchantment
  • Topic Archived