• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. carmen sandiago final season ODT SPOILERS

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#11
well could have been a thirteen episode season. Or two shortened seasons.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

User Info: GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet
1 month ago#12
I feel like some of the stories (like the VILE History arc) could've been told as entire seasons instead of just a couple of episodes.
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#13
I have to give them credit for the development of Chase Devineaux. I absolutely hated him in season one where has a single minded idiot who seemed to dumb to be a detective. He was just a comedy relief and brought the show down everytime he he appeared. Yet now in season four he's not only tolerable but likable. They made him more competent, smarter, and rational. While still being comedic and they made the changes work.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
1 month ago#14
creativerealms posted...
I have to give them credit for the development of Chase Devineaux. I absolutely hated him in season one where has a single minded idiot who seemed to dumb to be a detective. He was just a comedy relief and brought the show down everytime he he appeared. Yet now in season four he's not only tolerable but likable. They made him more competent, smarter, and rational. While still being comedic and they made the changes work.
Basically inspector zenigata.
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"

User Info: Rorshacma

Rorshacma
1 month ago#15
GamerSlyRatchet posted...
I feel like some of the stories (like the VILE History arc) could've been told as entire seasons instead of just a couple of episodes.

Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing during that portion of the season. The globe-trotting treasure hunt race against V.I.L.E. feels like it could have been a whole season's plot on it own, rather than just the three episodes it was given.

Overall on the season, while I agree that it definitely felt like it could have been longer, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

While it was obviously going to be reversed before the end, we finally got a villainous Carmen for a bit, which was a nice way of integrating her portrayal in all other versions of the franchise. My biggest complaint about the final episode is that Zack, Ivy, and Player really did not have much of a role in it. I did get a big kick out of the finale sequence of V.I.L.E. being taken down, both from the use of the Mozart piece that Where on Earth's theme was taken from being used as the background music, as well as seeing how each of the faculty dealt with it in their own ways.

I also agree with creativerealms, that Agent Devineaux going from being a second-rate Inspector Clouseau to being competent and likable, while still comedic, was a pretty good piece of character development for the series.
"I was born out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I!" - Bacterion
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#16
Yeah, as I feared, the resolution ended up feeling rushed and the final story arc felt kinda underwhelming, although still satisfying.

And yeah, as I mentioned in the S3 thread, I really liked the direction in which they took Devineaux's character, as it actually showed a lot of growth on his part throughout the course of the series. Even Gray's story arc actually felt more developed compared to the majority of other characters in the show (including some of the mains).

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
1 month ago#17
That’s the price you pay when the world is afflicted with a horrible disease that will eventually kill each and every one of us.
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"

User Info: ImAMarvel

ImAMarvel
1 month ago#18
I just finished it. The resolution felt really rushed and honestly, I feel like we should've had one more season. I really think that this worked as a penultimate season but wrapping things up right now feels almost like going from 0 to 60 real quick. There was stuff that kinda wasted the viewer's time, like Player having to go to public school, which might've worked if it wasn't resolved in like, 2 episode.

The whole final plot line also didn't feel nearly as grandoise as it should've, being that it was the final plotline of the show. It felt pretty underwhelming, in fact. Carmen being "evil" (which was hilarious btw and the VA laid it on way too thick, even for a kids' show) could've easily been a cliffhanger for the next season, though I do think that the Indiana Jones-style chase immediately preceding the 'final act' was really enjoyable.

I will say that the last 5 minutes were a little emotional and kind of made up for it though. Bittersweet stuff like that always gives me feels. Although, while I see why they did it, I was really looking forward to seeing Carmen and her mom interact with one another.

NNID: VoudouPriest, PSN: Superhero_Ronius
http://i.imgur.com/IU2F6A4.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/Ab4yyPJ.jpg
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#19
ImAMarvel posted...
I just finished it. The resolution felt really rushed and honestly, I feel like we should've had one more season. I really think that this worked as a penultimate season but wrapping things up right now feels almost like going from 0 to 60 real quick. There was stuff that kinda wasted the viewer's time, like Player having to go to public school, which might've worked if it wasn't resolved in like, 2 episode.

The whole final plot line also didn't feel nearly as grandoise as it should've, being that it was the final plotline of the show. It felt pretty underwhelming, in fact. Carmen being "evil" (which was hilarious btw and the VA laid it on way too thick, even for a kids' show) could've easily been a cliffhanger for the next season, though I do think that the Indiana Jones-style chase immediately preceding the 'final act' was really enjoyable.

I will say that the last 5 minutes were a little emotional and kind of made up for it though. Bittersweet stuff like that always gives me feels. Although, while I see why they did it, I was really looking forward to seeing Carmen and her mom interact with one another.

Yeah, especially considering that the 90's Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego? featured storylines where Carmen attempted to carve her name on the moon and a 2-part series finale in which she actually interacted with length with a person who was implied to be her biological father (or heck, even the intro alone showed her attempting to steal the Statue of Liberty), I was hoping that the final arc in this reboot would've involved VILE staging a caper that was at least a bit more epic.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 month ago#20
indeed thoe id rather have a safe and rushed ending than a bad one

as it stands i can still come back and watch this show again one day so its all good
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. carmen sandiago final season ODT SPOILERS
  • Topic Archived