• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Character developments you love the most

User Info: K3vintheDork

K3vintheDork
2 months ago#1
Honestly, I have to say Starscream on Transformers: Prime. He was initially portrayed in much the same way as he is in many incarnations of TF, as Megatron's defacto second-in-command that seeks to obtain control of the Decepticons by any means of betrayal necessary. ("Masters and Students" is one of the best examples). Then the writers decided to turn him into a legitimately loyal servant to Megatron after "Patch", which culminates in Starscream even being disappointed when Megatron gives up his tyrannical ways post-possession by Unicron.

White Knight from Generator Rex is a honorable mention. How did this cold nanite-free leader of Providence willing to sacrifice anyone to stamp out EVOs turn into a badass that respects Rex and faces down a greater threat? While his stoic personality and love for sterility never faded, the time skip and Black Knight's manipulations changed his character for the better.
So what you're saying is... you're a dork?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT8co7Cnkg4

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
2 months ago#2
Two words: Amity Blight, The Owl House. From generic mean girl to everyone’s favorite gay disaster.

I also thought Scarlemagne’s redemption arc in Kipo & The Age of Wonderbeasts was handled really well.
Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch)
#SluggoIsLit

User Info: StewieGriffin23

StewieGriffin23
2 months ago#3
McMarbles posted...
Two words: Amity Blight, The Owl House. From generic mean girl to everyone’s favorite gay disaster.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Fallout 3, TES V: Skyrim, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, Terraria, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fallout New Vegas, The Sims 4, Minecraft.

User Info: Rorshacma

Rorshacma
2 months ago#4
I always liked how Tom in Star Vs. actually recognized his own personality flaws, and made an earnest effort to improve himself over the course of the series, largely succeeding by the end. Which is why his relationship with Star ending anyways so the showrunners could ship Starco is one of the reasons for me that the final season/ending fell completely flat.
"I was born out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I!" - Bacterion

User Info: IShall_Run_Amok

IShall_Run_Amok
2 months ago#5
Catra in She-Ra
Katara in Avatar
Steven in Steven Universe
Finn in Adventure Time

sent from microsoft waffle iron. help let me out

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
2 months ago#6
IShall_Run_Amok posted...
Catra in She-Ra

I want what I want, and I don't know why. Can science explain that to me?
http://i.imgur.com/zWGMfzO.jpg

User Info: Toonstrack

Toonstrack
2 months ago#7
Paige in Tron Uprising is a good one though her arc was sadly never completed

Pretty much every character in Generator Rex as well, but I'd say Six was one of the best

User Info: SammichTime

SammichTime
2 months ago#8
Most of the crew on Regular Show surprised me over time.
Xbox Live GT: Barcnori

User Info: Jangobadass

Jangobadass
2 months ago#9
Connie in Steven Universe. She went from shy, insecure friendless nerd to confident warrior and guardian.
(...sadly, it was thrown out the window late in)

Korra, who went from being brash and hotheaded to being more like an Avatar is supposed to be.

Iago in the Aladdin franchise, who went from scheming henchbird to loyal sidekick.

Scrooge McDuck in Ducktales (twice over), who went from stingy and miserly in early episodes of both series to being nicer and more openminded (though still a bit of a cheapskate to stay in character)

Discord in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. He was introduced as a demon of chaos, became moraley ambiguous, then REALLY turned good. Though he kept his trolling side of course. He wouldn't have been Discord if he'd lost it.

...I get the feeling I'm forgetting some...🤔
I think I'll have to get back with you.

SammichTime posted...
Most of the crew on Regular Show surprised me over time.

Oh yeah! 😲

McMarbles posted...

I'd say it was a little rushed. Still a hoot. (probably Luz' cute round ears)
Oh hi, Bib!
Oh, bye Bib...

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
2 months ago#10
Rigby turning his life around on RS, basically after Seasons of being a No-Account Loser.

Cyril Sneer becoming less of an a****** in The Raccoons. By about Season 3, It was evident that a change was coming. He was still Ruthless in business but ultimately cared for his son, Cyril and the Forest. Joke is, as he got kinder, His Pig Henchmen became Dicks more and moreso.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Character developments you love the most
  • Topic Archived