• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Was the writing in The Fairly OddParents actually that good?

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#31
I have nothing agianst Christianity in general but some sects I have a problem with. I have a problem with those who reject the age of the earth, biological evolution and science in general. I also have a problem with any religion that uses faith healing or other pseudo medicine that tricks people.into not seaking medical treatment. Those types of christians are dangerous.

Butch is a Young Earth creationist and goes to a church that claims to be able to heal anything with faith healing. His wife claims her Fibromyalgia was cured by faith. If she believes this fine but to push that on others? That is a false hope.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one
(edited 1 month ago)
I often have to wonder what Seth MacFarlane (who is friends with Butch Hartman) thinks about what Hartman is doing.
Put this in your signature if you want an open-world Pokemon game.

User Info: TriforceBun

TriforceBun
1 month ago#33
Okay, the Bergman crack was in poor taste. For what it's worth though, every episode of Family Guy has something at least as tasteless as that; nearly everyone in the comedy business is going to go too far at some point or another.
You're lookin' sweet today! You're lookin' chubby today!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: PLCTheCd2

PLCTheCd2
1 month ago#34
I gotta say, even at the show's prime, the series isn't known for continuing story and in depth characters. Which is a shame, since there's plenty of opportunity wasted by half-assed jokes. Closest thing was in SEcret Origin of Denzel Crocker where it shows how and why Mr. Crocker became so obsessed with fairies. It was one of my favorite episodes and I was hoping something similar for Vicky since the episode Snowbound
It's "Nor" NOT "Or" when you use the word "neither".

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
1 month ago#35
StewieGriffin23 posted...
I often have to wonder what Seth MacFarlane (who is friends with Butch Hartman) thinks about what Hartman is doing.

Like seeing that drunk friend at a party do something stupid, you're all like "No!" but can't stop them..
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: PLCTheCd2

PLCTheCd2
1 month ago#36
Now, I wanna see how fundamentalist Christians see Fairly Oddparents.
It's "Nor" NOT "Or" when you use the word "neither".
Im Christian and the changes to Danny Phantom in its name were stupid.

Not only that but ghosts are IN Christianity! How hard is to say a ghost who fulfills their business can pass onto actual afterlife and leave it at that? instead of "oh actually their aliens". f*** you butch
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/

User Info: 0K_Then

0K_Then
1 month ago#38
TriforceBun posted...
Okay, the Bergman crack was in poor taste. For what it's worth though, every episode of Family Guy has something at least as tasteless as that; nearly everyone in the comedy business is going to go too far at some point or another.
yeah but there's a difference between family guy making an edgy joke about somebody the writers have never met before, and a dude who's so religious that he claims "there's a bit of jesus in all of my work!" before inappropriately making a wise-crack about the suicide of somebody whom he previously had a personal relationship with

also "comedy" and "butch hartman" hardly go hand-in-hand. calling him a comedian is kinda like saying anthony hopkins and vince vaughn are similar because they both have been in a movie before
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
1 month ago#39
The premise became repetitive fast: Timmy has a problem, has Cosmo and Wanda wish to make it better, the wish ALWAYS backfires in the most outlandish way possible, Timmy has to undo his wish and Timmy has to learn a lesson.

Here's one episode that struck me as downright mean-spirited: Timmy doesn't want to share his V-Cube with his father (a game console hybrid between the Gamecube and XBOX). He breaks it by accident and cannot buy a new one. Timmy decides to join the local basketball team, who has a problem sharing and playing a team, so Timmy wishes to be taller and carry the team to the finals on his own... until he has earned enough money to buy a new console. The catch is that he gets enough money too early, so the wish reverts him back to normal right before the last game, but the team hasn't decided to work together. Fortunately, the players all work together and win the game. When Timmy comes back home with a new V-Cube, he offers it as a gift to his father... who acts EXACTLY like Timmy at the beginning of the episode, tramples Timmy and locks himself in a room to play alone... Timmy just accepts the whole situation.

Apparently, having the father reopening the door and offering Timmy a second controller was too much of a good suitable ending and would have been too contrary to the show.
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
1 month ago#40
Wandering__Hero posted...
Im Christian and the changes to Danny Phantom in its name were stupid.

Not only that but ghosts are IN Christianity! How hard is to say a ghost who fulfills their business can pass onto actual afterlife and leave it at that? instead of "oh actually their aliens". f*** you butch
I know, right? A ghost is literally one-third of God according to Catholicism!
Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch)
#SluggoIsLit
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Was the writing in The Fairly OddParents actually that good?
  • Post New Message