• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Steven Universe: Did it get a FAIR go?

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
1 month ago#1
Steven Universe: Did it get a FAIR go? - Results (41 votes)
Yes
41.46% (17 votes)
No
9.76% (4 votes)
A little from Column A, A little from Column B
48.78% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Well, it DID get a longer lifespan than most CN shows of its era.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: Venshen

Venshen
1 month ago#2
I’d say a little of both, it lasted longer, but I personally felt after awhile the constant hiatus messed up the flow ( I think it was the first show on Cartoon Network to do “bombs”), and only coming on air to show new episodes with practically no repeats

User Info: ju_mu

ju_mu
1 month ago#3
It at least got a proper conclusion which is more then other modern cn toons that aren't teen titans go or we bare bears had(mind you wbb would have ended ages ago had it not been such a massive hit in asian markets)
Not changing my signature until call of duty penguin warfare or a cod game about a penguin uprising is released.

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
1 month ago#4
Six seasons and a movie. More than Cougartown got.
Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch)
#SluggoIsLit

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
1 month ago#5
ju_mu posted...
(mind you wbb would have ended ages ago had it not been such a massive hit in asian markets)

Reasonably popular in the UK, too.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: Turbam

Turbam
1 month ago#6
The hiatuses were legit awful.
But, I just rewatched the show with my g/f, and all of the townie episodes are fine now. Its not as awful waiting 6 months for five episodes and then nothing happens.
~snip (V)_(;,;)_(V) snip~
I'm just one man! Whoa! Well, I'm a one man band! https://imgur.com/p9Xvjvs

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
1 month ago#7
It had a nice run, but they did it dirty cutting its ending so short because of the Garnet wedding.

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
1 month ago#8
this show had 160 episodes and a movie

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
1 month ago#9
I actually enjoyed the show more when there were serious episodes crucial to the overall plot sometimes, before every episode was serious as the show progressed. Probably didn't help that there were giant hiatuses separating the serious episodes near the end.

I was underwhelmed by both the ending and Future. I don't have a problem with Steven solving his problems with non violence, but, it felt like the Diamonds just suddenly gave up ruling all of known space and become completely different people.

I understand what Future is going for, but I just can't empathize with someone living a cool magical fantasy life "just wanting to be normal and living a normal life". And I get it, people always want what they don't have, but I still didn't empathize with Steven's desire. I empathize much more with Lars, who decided peaceful life on Earth was boring and decided to go out into space looking for adventure.

Did it have a fair go? I don't know what your description would be of an "unfair go". The show was very well received and went on for a very long time.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#10
I would have been okay with the hiatuses if it had gotten reruns once in a while
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Steven Universe: Did it get a FAIR go?
  • Topic Archived