• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Ducktales Discussion: Step Right Up, Come On In!

User Info: Toonstrack

Toonstrack
1 month ago#151
MMTrigger posted...
I'm not sure about Baloo. I heard that Disney has some pretty strict rules regarding crossovers. Like in the Kingdom Hearts games, the cast could meet various Disney properties, but the properties couldn't meet. Or how Mickey can be referenced, but can't actually appear in other shows that aren't explicitly his. Cameos are okay if it's something that shows that the characters aren't the versions from the movies, like Wreck it Ralph 2.

I think the only legit crossover I've seen is the Hercules series crossing over with the Aladdin series, and that was explicitly stated to take place after Aladdin 3 and during Herc's training, so the events wouldn't interfere with the movies.

Well the original Talespin and Ducktales were completely different timelines with Talespin taking place in the 1930s, as were a lot of the shows. The inclusion of Rescue Rangers itself proves this universe is a shared one and has no qualms changing some of the details if it means a good cameo.

The DT crew managed to squeeze in the Rescue Rangers even for a small cameo, so it can be done, it will just have to be subtle and quick. I feel like they wouldn't back brought in any of the cast at all if they couldn't get the main bear himself. Maybe a photo in the plane or something like they did with Max.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 month ago#152
Toonstrack posted...
with Talespin taking place in the 1930s
Do you have a source for this? I get that there were some design aspects from that time, but they also had a heavy cold-war era Russia/Eastern Bloc theme as well.

Even with DT, I don't think there's a specific timeline - there are design aspects all over the place, mixed in with futuristic tech, etc.
The difference a letter makes:
"i'm with tc about this" - "watashi mo onani desu"

User Info: PLCTheCd2

PLCTheCd2
1 month ago#153
It's been a while but there was an episode where Molly shrank and the inventor plans to invent television to which the gang scoffed at thr concept.
It's "Nor" NOT "Or" when you use the word "neither".

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
1 month ago#154
Also WWI aka The Great War had been over for two decades.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: Rorshacma

Rorshacma
1 month ago#155
Hardcore_Adult posted...
Also WWI aka The Great War had been over for two decades.

Yeah, they never specify the exact year in the show, but they do mention WWI having been over for twenty years, placing it somewhere in the 30's.
"I was born out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I!" - Bacterion

User Info: game_man1

game_man1
1 month ago#156
MMTrigger posted...
So between this and the Rescue Rangers appearing, are these going to be spin off shows or just cameos? Are we getting to Tailspin?

Supposedly Disney already has plans for Rescue Rangers which is the main reason the characters only had a cameo and no dialogue.

User Info: Jangobadass

Jangobadass
1 month ago#157
It was a mildly entertaining episode with some good moments, though things really picked up in the end. (My, that's a lot of cameos)

The highlights were Donald being the voice of reason, and Scrooge using the stick bounce from the Ducktales video game.
Though I'm still waiting for Della to let Gyro have it...

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 month ago#158
Rorshacma posted...
but they do mention WWI having been over for twenty years, placing it somewhere in the 30's.
What ep was that? I'dl ike to pull it out of my dvd set and re-watch it.
The difference a letter makes:
"i'm with tc about this" - "watashi mo onani desu"
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: PLCTheCd2

PLCTheCd2
1 month ago#159
I forgot the name of the episode but it's the one where Baloo discovered a biplane fighter pilot
It's "Nor" NOT "Or" when you use the word "neither".

User Info: Rorshacma

Rorshacma
1 month ago#160
desuno-to posted...
What ep was that? I'dl ike to pull it out of my dvd set and re-watch it.

It may have been mentioned in other episodes as well, but "Bygones" is one where Baloo explicitly says "The Great War ended twenty years ago!".
"I was born out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I!" - Bacterion
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. Ducktales Discussion: Step Right Up, Come On In!
  • Post New Message