• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. I just realised... Aku from Samurai Jack and Him from the Powerpuff Girls...

User Info: Davidk92

Davidk92
8 years ago#1
...are the same being.

Think about it. Both Aku and Him are skilled shapeshifters. Plus we all know how the future segments of Samurai Jack take place in Cartoon Network's distant future due to all the cameos and references we see. But I was recently watching the PPG episode "Speed Demon" where the girls travel to the future where they weren't around to protect Townsville, and saw the whole place go to hell under Him's rule.

Since this is the point where Aku is supposed to be building up his own reign, it would seem odd that he's nowhere to be seen. You could use the MST3K Mantra and just say they didn't plan for the series to be intertwined... but if you go with the assumption that Him and Aku are the same, then all the pieces fall into place. He WAS building up his power, and Townsville was just the beginning.

So, taking all that together, here's my theory:

Aku tried to take over Japan and was defeated by Samurai jack and was forced to send him to the future. Aku spent several decades recovering from his wounds and planning his second attack, choosing an out of the way area called Townsville, since the Japanese village would no doubt be prepared for him this time. Taking the guise of Him, Aku discovered the place was protected by the Powerpuff Girls. Though he hadn't recovered enough of his strength to defeat them, he discovered they were unable to permanently destroy him like Jack's sword can. As such, he chose to wait the Girls out until he could overpower them and take over.

And then, one day, they simply vanished. With neither the Powerpuff Girls or Samurai Jack around to stop him, Aku/Him took the chance and conquered the world, not even the Girls' brief return enough to stop him.

TL;DR version: Aku and Him are the same being, and the future shown in "Speed Demon" is the beginning of the future shown in Samurai Jack.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
8 years ago#2
no
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Rapid99

Rapid99
8 years ago#3
My favorite theory is that PPG is the timeline created when Jack stops Aku. A small part of Aku survives as Chemical X, but only the powers are kept when mixed with sugar, spice, and everything nice. At the same time, all the evil jumps into the brain of the monkey that made it all possible.

But even though it's fun to think about theories like this, I don't believe the two series were ever meant to be linked beyond a couple of obscure references.
Formerly Smidge | The last ASCII artist. https://gfascii.art/

User Info: Darkwing_EXE

Darkwing_EXE
8 years ago#4
It pretty apparent Him and Aku are not the same or connected in anyway. Him is a devil, if not THE Devil, who gains strength from causing misery and corruption, no matter how pity. This makes him weak to feelings of hope and love, but can be hurt like a regular being.
Aku is a cosmic horror given consciousness, who's goal in life is to rule the universe through fear. Nothing less than god-like powers can affect him and only righteous power can hurt him.

At best, Him would exist as one of the varies demons shown in the Samurai Jack.
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg

AceMos
8 years ago#5
Darkwing EXE posted...
It pretty apparent Him and Aku are not the same or connected in anyway. Him is a devil, if not THE Devil, who gains strength from causing misery and corruption, no matter how pity. This makes him weak to feelings of hope and love, but can be hurt like a regular being.
Aku is a cosmic horror given consciousness, who's goal in life is to rule the universe through fear. Nothing less than god-like powers can affect him and only righteous power can hurt him.

it should be pointed out to you that him holds back almost all of his power to troll the power puff girls

he shows many times he could destroy the earth with a thought if he wanted but that would not be fun
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

Darkwing_EXE
8 years ago#6
AceMos posted...
Darkwing EXE posted...

it should be pointed out to you that him holds back almost all of his power to troll the power puff girls

he shows many times he could destroy the earth with a thought if he wanted but that would not be fun

Not saying Him isn't a powerful threat. I'm just saying that he's shown not to be invincible like Aku (excusing Jack's sword).

I should of worded last part better. By "at best", I mean if SJ and PPG are in the same world/timeline/whatever, Him would just be seating back and let Aku take over. Him wants suffering, Aku wants to rule through suffering. Win-win.
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron

AceMos
8 years ago#7
Darkwing EXE posted...
AceMos posted...
Darkwing EXE posted...

Not saying Him isn't a powerful threat. I'm just saying that he's shown not to be invincible like Aku (excusing Jack's sword).

I should of worded last part better. By "at best", I mean if SJ and PPG are in the same world/timeline/whatever, Him would just be seating back and let Aku take over. Him wants suffering, Aku wants to rule through suffering. Win-win.

him can move the entire planet with a flick of is wrist

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
8 years ago#8
Him is more like Pennywise the Clown than Aku. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Him was directly inspired by It.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

Darkwing_EXE
8 years ago#9
AceMos posted...
Darkwing EXE posted...
AceMos posted...
Darkwing EXE posted...

But he can still be punched in the face, trip & fall, have some psycho deface him, and (seeing how he works out now-and-again) gets physically weak or fat.

And on that note, Aku has similar powers.

AceMos
8 years ago#10
Darkwing EXE posted...
AceMos posted...
Darkwing EXE posted...
AceMos posted...
Darkwing EXE posted...

But he can still be punched in the face, trip & fall, have some psycho deface him, and (seeing how he works out now-and-again) gets physically weak or fat.

And on that note, Aku has similar powers.

aku never once showed he could move the planet

you dont get it him does not need to work out

he looses becuse he dont try to win he just wants to mess with the power puff girls
  1. Boards
  2. Cartoons and Animation
  3. I just realised... Aku from Samurai Jack and Him from the Powerpuff Girls...
  • Topic Archived