• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys Origin
  3. Nightmare Boss Rush - Napishtim Adol

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
2 years ago#1
I am at Dalles right now, been at it for 3 hours. My lightning strike does not go off 90% of the time. When I reach, phase 3, one hit kills me.

Has anyone finished it on PSN? I don't know how I got past phase 1 without taking damage twice before bed, and now the meteors keep hitting me using the same strategy.
Yakuza 0 100% at 125 hrs 52 min

User Info: SwordKirby123

SwordKirby123
2 years ago#2
Yeah, I have done it with Adol on both PS4 and Vita. Napishtim Adol is pretty powerful during most other bosses, but at the last two bosses, arguably the most difficult, he is at a disadvantage compared to some of the other characters (especially Darm -- you have to switch weapons on the orb constantly to keep up a high enough attack speed to not draw out the battle). Personally, I choose him because is the fastest at killing the bosses, and I already completed the boss rush eight times on Nightmare on the steam version. If you are just looking to finish it, Hugo might be a safer option.

I'm afraid I don't have all the details on how I did it anymore, but I'll try to explain it anyway.
First off, you'll probably want to get through the first phase pretty much unscathed, and the second phase with at least 2/3 off your health left over. The first phase is incredibly formulaic, using the right openings to let off your fire skill. The first, third and fifth attack are straightforward to avoid. For the second, walk around the edge of the arena. If you are away from the edge, you may have to jump to avoid the meteorites. The fourth attack, the meteorites from above, are easily avoided by moving along the arena in a circle. As long as you are already moving, you should avoid them. Alternatively, you can use the wind skill for the i-frames. The ice attack has a bit more tricky timing, but you should start jumping a split second AFTER the ice has hit the floor. If you can't get the timing down, use the wind skill. If you keep this up, you should end his first phase during the second or third cycle.

The second phase is largely the same, with some extra obstacles. Some attacks can get a bit harder to avoid depending on how he moves, but most of the time it shouldn't be a big problem. The lightning attack can be a bit hard to hit, but it seems to go off more when Dalles is standing still (not turning much either) and there is a bit of distance between you two.

The third phase can be incredibly easy, or moderately hard depending on the attacks he uses. Use either the wind or fire skill (again, depending on which attack he uses) to destroy his "turrets". During the third and final round of this phase, you want to clear one of them quickly to avoid clutter on the screen.

If you need some more specific advice on the second and third phase, I'll try to help, but I'm not sure if remember it clearly enough.

Jeannie13
2 years ago#3
Thank you. That helps a lot. Explains why the lightning attack isn't working.

Jeannie13
2 years ago#4
I am trying Hugo now, on the plant in the sand.

Hugo's barrier does help with survivability. By Dalles, he has his burst. If I know I have that, then I am more careful knowing I just need to wait for it to charge.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys Origin
  3. Nightmare Boss Rush - Napishtim Adol
  • Topic Archived