• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys Origin
  3. Arena Nightmare

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
2 years ago#1
All I can find on youtube is videos of the PC version. The PSN version is different, the game spawns the enemies in the lower left corner and it stacks them as well.

Has anyone got the Platinum for this game? I try doing it with Hugo and Toal and I have 0 luck.
Yakuza 0 100% at 125 hrs 52 min

User Info: SwordKirby123

SwordKirby123
2 years ago#2
Use Toal (Ex version if you have it) and use his yellow skill charged. The enemies spawning in the bottom-left is probably a bug, but it works for you in this case. Makes it incredibly easy to clean most waves up.

Only the sixth stage can be sometimes problematic. Use the boost gauge and burst freely.

Jeannie13
2 years ago#3
Thank you for responding.

Well, the stalk things that throw out the blades and spores and stuff, they are all stacked on top of each other, so getting hit is like getting hit by all 4 at once

I am using Ex Toal. I also heard the yellow is supposed to heal him? It doesn't do that. Did you not experience this?

SwordKirby123
2 years ago#4
It has been a while since I done it, but I think the yellow skill only heals when in boost mode. For the blade-throwing plants, try to hit them as they spawn, run away and do it once more (I think they could only take two times, but it may have been three). It doesn't matter if you get hurt a bit, you should level up soon anyways. The spores, I think I may have killed with burst or with the red skill, but I would have to try it again to be sure.

In general, I activated boost whenever possible (it should fill quickly), used the yellow skill, and if I came across a more difficult wave, I would hit them with a burst first.

Jeannie13
2 years ago#5
Ok, thank you for the tips.

It's frustrating that there's no videos on the PSN version showing you how they got the platinum trophy. And all the PC videos make it look easy.

I am working on 6 and I get to the last wave, then the knights kill me. If I don't die in the first two waves or to the spore thing.

I just checked it out and you are right about the heal only being when in burst. I did much better, I made it to the last wave with full health, but too much projectile spam.

SwordKirby123
2 years ago#6
Personally, I never completed the Arena on PC (mostly because there was no real incentive, and to get all achievements you had to do boss rush many times). I found the arena reasonably easy on Vita and PS4 compared to the boss rush with some characters.

The knight wave is where I usually die. They are easiest to kill with Hugo and Toal doesn't really have any real good skills for them. Their attacks are somewhat easy to avoid though. It is just easy to let off your skill at the wrong time.

Edit: I usually use a burst when entering the final wave to clear as many of the projectile guys as possible

Jeannie13
2 years ago#7
Yeah. But in Arena 6 if they are in the air, the burst misses.

SwordKirby123
2 years ago#8
I think I still got a lot of them most of the time, though.
But maybe use the red skill for its guard and mobility. I think it even works on the knights though it doesn't do much damage.

I don't think I have the game installed anymore, so I can't check myself.

Jeannie13
2 years ago#9
I've tried everything, but thanks again.

User Info: leesmapman

leesmapman
2 years ago#10
I got this on the Vita version, I couldn't do it on the PS4 version. Arena 4 nightmare is the hardest of the 6.
For the last wave of enemies on arena 6 (the "soldiers" which can do some serious damage and are hard to hit), I used Toal Ex with a lot of patience, a lot of running and long distance attacks (iirc, the wind magic can help here)
PSN: Dr_Jones
www.popcorn-song.com
  1. Boards
  2. Ys Origin
  3. Arena Nightmare
  • Topic Archived