• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Proof that tiers > characters themselves.
heavystrike 4 years ago#1
I think it's kind of sad that in a crossover game like this, people gravitate towards particular characters because they're top tier/easy to win with rather than actually being a fan of said characters. Here's an example: In MvC2 Iron Man was top-tier, everybody played him. Now that he's low-mid tier in UMvC3, nobody hardly touches the guy. In a fantasy crossover game like this, it's disappointing to see everyone pick the same 8 or so characters out of the entire roster.
Rachel Alucard: Still a less sparkly vampire than Edward Cullen
BallTapper 4 years ago#2
At a casual level; player skill > tiers. It doesnt matter how good your characters are if you have no idea how to play the game. There is also nothing wrong with learning the game using high tier characters. I have been able to consistently blow people up with my gimmick teams for no reason other than I can move around the screen better than them and I know when to hit buttons. Tiers also really only come to play when players are of equal skill level. So if you are playing something like Frank/Haggar/Spiderman and are getting beaten by someone using Vergil/Magneto/Doom, but your also getting beat by the same person but they are using like Ammy/Felicia/Sentinel. Then tiers really didnt matter in that situation because they are better than you so it really shouldnt matter what tier their characters are. Now this is just assuming that youre losing to people who use top tiers, if you are beating them, then good job, but dont fault people who are probably just trying to get better just because your tired of seeing xxx/xxx/doom or xxx/xxx/vergil.
mastermix3000 4 years ago#3
BallTapper posted...
At a casual level; player skill > tiers.

yes but casual play is almost always trash

I agree with OP, game should have been balanced much better
https://i.imgur.com/SJYOqAO.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Proof that tiers > characters themselves.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A