• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Any new sales figure info?

User Info: shaselai

shaselai
4 weeks ago#1
Curious whats going on right now with the sales after the 80% drop. I did see some anecdotal news like surpassing June combined in UK but nothing from US. Just curious.
Playing:
Waiting:

User Info: Destined4Greatn

Destined4Greatn
4 weeks ago#2
shaselai posted...
Curious whats going on right now with the sales after the 80% drop. I did see some anecdotal news like surpassing June combined in UK but nothing from US. Just curious.

Well assuming the 80% happened world wide game would still be at a minimum 4.8 million. Granted it’s going to be a lot more since we know the 4 million figure was just 3 days

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.

User Info: Tony_Jake

Tony_Jake
4 weeks ago#3
It was #1 for the third straight week on the UK charts. That is the latest update that was released today.

Tony_Jake
4 weeks ago#4
I'd say sales are probably about 6 to 7m at this point.

User Info: shaselai

shaselai
4 weeks ago#5
is there a reason why no US sales? i think thats the majority of the market no?
Playing:
Waiting:

Tony_Jake
4 weeks ago#6
shaselai posted...
is there a reason why no US sales? i think thats the majority of the market no?

UK sales are always advertised more than U.S. sales are. We still don't even know how many of the opening weekend sales came from the U.S. Just that worldwide it sold over 4 million.

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
4 weeks ago#7
Tony_Jake posted...
UK sales are always advertised more than U.S. sales are. We still don't even know how many of the opening weekend sales came from the U.S. Just that worldwide it sold over 4 million.

Do we even know digital sales yet?

It would be interesting to hear the current numbers of digital and physical combined.
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
4 weeks ago#8
Usually takes more than a month before proper sales numbers start showing up.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
4 weeks ago#9
Destined4Greatn posted...
Well assuming the 80% happened world wide game would still be at a minimum 4.8 million. Granted it’s going to be a lot more since we know the 4 million figure was just 3 days
Tony_Jake posted...
I'd say sales are probably about 6 to 7m at this point.

Uh-oh, I loathe to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid that the above predictions were far too optimistic relative to the time of those posts; Gamstat has just updated their site and as of 2020-07-05 have TLoU2 at a total of 4,755,700 players.

Those 4,76 million players aren't necessarily all buyers per se, as the real value of purchases will be significantly lower due to reasons such as multiple PSN accounts, second hand market, borrowed copies, rented copies, etc. which inflate the overall number of players.

It seems the game's bad publicity has started to catch up, or at least as far as the above prospects go.

User Info: Destined4Greatn

Destined4Greatn
4 weeks ago#10
Mugendramon posted...
Uh-oh, I loathe to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid that the above predictions were far too optimistic relative to the time of those posts; Gamstat has just updated their site and as of 2020-07-05 have TLoU2 at a total of 4,755,700 players.

Those 4,76 million players aren't necessarily all buyers per se, as the real value of purchases will be significantly lower due to reasons such as multiple PSN accounts, second hand market, borrowed copies, rented copies, etc. which inflate the overall number of players.

It seems the game's bad publicity has started to catch up, or at least as far as the above prospects go.

Gamestats had like 3.5 million when over 4 million copies had been sold.

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Any new sales figure info?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A